Delta 8 Omaha
Nebraska has a complicated history with the cannabis plant. Like the rest of the Midwest, it was once a hub for hemp farming, way back in the early 1900s before the federal government banned cannabis from coast-to-coast. Fast forward to the present, and the law has evolved, opening the doors for hemp-derived cannabinoids like Delta 8. Omaha residents want to know if Delta 8 is legal and available in their area. We’ve got the answers right here.
For starters, Delta 8 is federally legal, meaning you can buy it in Nebraska. However, there are a few stipulations to be aware of, which we’ll get into. We’ll also introduce you to some great Delta 8 products, and tell you where to find the best hemp items on the market (hint: you’re already there), so don’t go anywhere.
What Is Delta 8?
Delta 8 THC is a natural compound found in cannabis flower. It occurs in trace amounts in both hemp and marijuana plants. Don’t know the difference between hemp and marijuana? We’ll explain.
Hemp and marijuana are both forms of the cannabis plant, but while hemp contains high levels of CBD, a compound with soothing and beneficial abilities, marijuana has a high level of Delta 9 THC, which causes its famous effects. (Hemp is also legal while marijuana is not – more on this in a moment).
Wait… did we just say Delta 9 THC? Yup, but what about Delta 8? Well, Delta 8 naturally occurs in such small quantities that we can’t efficiently extract it from the plant. Fortunately, scientists can convert CBD into Delta 8 by shifting its chemical bonds, a process known as isomerization.
What Are the Benefits of Delta 8?
Delta 8 has similar effects to Delta 9, but it is mellower and has fewer potential side effects. The benefits of Delta 8 include:
- Blissful, euphoric feelings
- Relief from physical discomfort
- Reduced nervousness and agitation
- Better sleep
- Improved appetite and digestive function
What Are the Effects of Delta 8?
Delta 8 has few side effects. Most people don’t experience any, and those who do, report that the side effects are mild and brief, being less noticeable than the side effects of Delta 9. Complications with Delta 8 may include:
- Red eyes
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
What Kind of Delta 8 Products Are There?
If you enjoy CBD or Delta 9, you’ll be happy to know that you can find Delta 8 THC in all the familiar cannabis products you love. At Hollyweed, we ship these great Delta 8 items to Nebraska:
- Hemp flower
- Pre-rolls & cigarettes
- Tincture (made with hemp seed oil)
- Vape cartridges/disposable vapes
Is Delta 8 Legal In Omaha?
Yes, Delta 8 THC is legal in the state of Nebraska! It wasn’t always this way, and Delta 8 has had a long, hard journey to the top. Let’s take a look at how we got where we are today.
In 2018, the United States Federal Government passed the Farm Bill, or Agriculture Improvement Act. It made hemp and hemp derivatives legal in all 50 states. Still, some states resisted the law, and as recently as 2020, the Nebraska Supreme Court was facing challenges to the hemp industry.
Fortunately, the Nebraska state legislature ultimately passed the Nebraska Hemp Farming Act and Legislative Bill 1152, which brought the state fully up to date with federal regulations. Today, Delta 8 THC and other hemp derivatives are legal in Omaha! However, there are certain conditions we need to discuss.
As we previously mentioned, there is a difference between hemp and marijuana. Hemp plants must contain no more than 0.3% Delta 9 THC. Any cannabis plant that goes over this limit counts as marijuana, which remains federally illegal under the 1970 Controlled Substances Act.
Some states have passed laws legalizing recreational marijuana or medical marijuana, but Nebraska does not allow either. That much could change as early as this year, but the new proposal faces strong opposition. At this point, in order for Delta 8 products to be legal in Nebraska, they must come from hemp, not marijuana.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Buy Delta 8 in Omaha?
You must be at least 21-years-old to purchase Delta 8 products anywhere in the United States. Whether you shop in Omaha, out of state, or online, you will need to meet that threshold.
Where Can I Buy Delta 8 In Omaha?
If you live in Nebraska, your best bet for finding good Delta 8 products is shopping online. While many other states have cannabis dispensaries (also known as “head shops”), Nebraska’s strict anti-marijuana laws end up making it difficult to find legal hemp products with Delta 8 and CBD.
Hollyweed carries a wide variety of Delta 8 and CBD products, including flower, pre-rolls, vapes, edibles, and CBD oil tinctures. You don’t need to make a trek to the coast to find us – just place an order from your computer or mobile device and wait for it to come. And if you use the code OMAHA15 at checkout, you can get an extra 15% off on your purchase today!
If you really want to buy Delta 8 from a vendor in person, your options will be narrower. There are a few smoke shops in the Omaha area that sometimes carry Delta 8 products. We recommend calling them in advance to make sure they have the kind of Delta 8 products you want in stock. Here are a few of the most popular Delta 8 and CBD stores in Omaha:
CBD American Shaman
5115 Leavenworth St.
Omaha, NE 68106
6112 Military Ave.
Omaha, NE 68104
How To Spot High-Quality Products
How can you tell if a Delta 8 product is any good? Look for these signs of quality:
- All-Natural Ingredients: Avoid any products that contain artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. Even though the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved their use, research suggests artificial additives pose a threat, especially to your metabolism and blood sugar levels.
- Organic Farming Practices: Organic farming uses natural techniques like crop rotation to keep pests under control. Inorganic farming throws such measures out the window to spray plants with toxic chemicals. Choosing organic hemp products, just like organic foods, keeps synthetic chemicals away from your body while supporting the best farming methods.
- Domestic Hemp: Hemp grown in the United States is generally superior to imported hemp. Hemp grown in other countries may not comply with United States regulations. Internationally-grown hemp is much cheaper, which says a lot about its lesser quality.
- Lab Reports: Reputable Delta 8 companies have their products tested by third-party labs for quality assurance. These independent labs conduct tests to ensure accurate potency claims and screen for any traces of harmful contaminants. You can find lab reports for every Hollyweed product on our website.
- Customer Reviews: Finally, you’ll want to hear from people like you – other Delta 8 consumers. If a brand has a loyal following of customers, it’s a pretty safe bet to assume they carry great products. Reading customer reviews is also a great way to learn more about the Delta 8 experience in general and find recommendations for new products.
Can Delta 8 Products Be Shipped To Omaha?
Yes! At Hollyweed, we ship Delta 8 and CBD remedies to all 50 states. Better yet, we do it for free! No matter how large or small, every order comes with complimentary shipping. We also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee to ensure our customers’ satisfaction.
We offer special deals to subscribers who save 25% on recurring orders. Sign up for our newsletter, and we’ll tip you off each time whenever we hold one of our signature sales. Great savings and total bliss await you. Don’t miss out.
Final Thoughts – Delta 8 Omaha
Delta 8 THC is a fast-growing market throughout the nation’s Heartland. Fortunately for Omaha residents, Delta 8 is legal in Nebraska (as well as the rest of the United States). Unfortunately for Omaha residents, there aren’t a lot of specialty stores in the area that caters to this market.
Thankfully, in the 21st century, you can buy everything you want online, including Delta 8 THC! Here at Hollyweed, we ship Delta 8 products all over the country. Visit our Shop page today to discover the best Delta 8 in the world!