With all the creative ways CBD products can be consumed nowadays, such as gummies, cookie dough, coffee, and so much more, sometimes you just want something a bit more simple with high potency. Concentrates are one of the most potent, pure forms of CBD that you can consume. One type of these concentrates is CBD crumble.
CBD crumble is an extremely versatile concentrate and is one of the most concentrated and fast-acting options out there. CBD crumble has a particular texture that tends to “crumble” when handled. The crumbly texture allows you to use it in many different ways. Let’s dive into what CBD crumble is, how to make it, and all the wonderful benefits!
Table of Contents
What is CBD Crumble?
CBD crumble is an extremely potent and highly concentrated form of CBD. It gets its name from the consistency of the concentrate because it “crumbles” under light pressure. CBD crumbles can come in a range of colors in shades of tan, orange, or yellow. One of the best parts about crumble is its high concentration and purity level, ranging from about 90-98% pure CBD.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring compound found in the hemp plant, which provides a wide range of benefits related to sleep, mood, appetite, discomfort relief, and much more. CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning that you shouldn’t feel high or intoxicated when you take it.
CBD crumble typically comes as full-spectrum, but can come in broad-spectrum or isolate form. With full-spectrum, it contains all the compounds in hemp (cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids), so you can experience the most benefits.
The synergy and combination of these compounds is called the “entourage effect.” The presence of all the compounds (including THC!) supports each other better than if they were alone.
Many people prefer CBD concentrates because it provides a purer, stronger experience that may be more effective than the average CBD product. CBD crumble is also popular because it’s easy to handle and extremely versatile!
Is CBD Crumble Legal?
Yes, CBD crumble is legal in the United States! According to the 2018 Farm Bill, all hemp and hemp-derived CBD products in the United States are legal.
The 2018 Farm Bill also states that any CBD product cannot contain over 0.3% THC. Anything over the legal limit classifies the product as marijuana, which is still illegal federally.
What Are the Benefits of CBD Crumble?
Crumble is an excellent source for CBD because it is an all-natural and highly potent form that promises the same benefits of CBD we know and love, but to another level. With its high potency levels, crumble can bring about relief quickly, reduce discomfort, ease tension, decrease nervousness, and much more!
Because CBD crumble is so highly concentrated and potent, it only takes a small amount to deliver its effects. The higher concentrations can help you feel the maximum benefits of CBD, especially if you have a built-up tolerance.
Overall, CBD concentrates help calm overactive minds, ease body tension, and make falling asleep easy. Here are several other benefits when using CBD crumble:
- Improve moods
- Reduce joint stiffness/swelling
- Alleviate temple tension
- Mitigate worried thinking
- Reduce muscle tension
- Aid digestion
- Boost sleep
- And much more!
How is CBD Crumble Made?
It is important to keep in mind that you should leave making CBD crumble or any other form of concentrate or extract to the professionals. The process of making a crumble is extremely delicate and dangerous, so do not try this at home!
- Extraction: To start, the hemp is passed through a solvent or CO2 chamber. Typically, butane is the solvent of choice, but other solvents such as propane and ethanol work just fine. CO2 extraction is usually the preferred method that can be more expensive but is far safer and cleaner.
- Chill the solvent: The next step in the process of creating a crumble is to take the harvested hemp flower or “cured nugs” and place them in a column of the extraction machine while the solvent is chilled.
- Heat the solvent: Once the CBD solution and hemp plant extract is separated from the plant material, the processors heat the inside of the chamber to promote solvent vaporization. Afterward, the chamber is chilled again to re-solidify the solvent, and then it is poured out into a pan. When the CBD extract is in the pan, it is heated again in a vacuum oven to remove all the solvent traces.
- Whipping process: After all the solvent traces are removed, the extract is put under high heat or a whipping process that helps create a crumbly texture. The CBD crumble is then packaged and prepared for distribution.
Before being sold to consumers, CBD brands will send their products to a third-party lab for testing to ensure quality and potency. As a consumer, this is crucial because it ensures that the product you buy is made with the best ingredients and is safe to use. Always look for Certificates of Authenticity (COA) when purchasing CBD crumble and other CBD product.
How Do You Use CBD Crumble?
You can use a handful of different methods to consume CBD crumble, such as dabbing, vaping, and adding to your flower.
Dabbing is the most common and preferred method of inhaling CBD crumble. The process itself is quite delicate, but dabbing is incredibly efficient when consuming CBD concentrates once you understand how it is done.
- To dab CBD crumble, you will need something that is known as a dabbing rig with a “nail” or “banger.” The nail acts as a glass bowl from a bong or pipe, but it is made from durable materials such as titanium or quartz. The nail needs to be able to withstand extreme heat, since the heating process requires a torch.
- Before the heating process begins, you will want to use a spoon-shaped tool to ration a small amount of CBD crumble, roughly 1/8 the size of a pea. CBD concentrates are highly potent, and you will only need a small amount to receive the beneficial effects.
- Once have you have proportioned your CBD crumble, use a butane-powered hand torch to heat the nail until there is a glow. After you see the glow, be sure to turn the torch off and place it somewhere safe to avoid any injuries or destruction. Then wait about 10 to 45 seconds for your nail to cool.
- When the nail cools down, place the CBD crumble in the bowl and heat it using the nail. The concentrate should vaporize quickly, so be sure you are ready to inhale from the mouthpiece. When you inhale, do as much as you can without causing any discomfort, hold it in, exhale, and enjoy the crumble!
Using a vaporizer is another way you can consume your CBD crumble. With a concentrate vaporizer, all you need to do is load the chamber with the concentrate, heat up, and inhale.
The great thing about the vaporizer is that it should do most of the work for you. Simply just press a button and let the smoke build up, and enjoy!
Adding to Flower
Another excellent way to receive the potent effects of a crumble is by adding it to any CBD flower in a joint, bong, pipe, and bubbler. When rolling a joint, all you need to do is add a few crumbs of the crumble on top of the ground flower before rolling it up. Try to keep the crumble in the center as possible to evenly distribute the concentrate.
You can add the concentrate to a bong, bubbler, or pipe by adding a small portion of the crumble on top of the flower in the bowl. Once you add the crumble in, light it up and smoke it as you would usually do. With the addition of the crumble, it may be a harsher puff, but you’ll notice the enhanced benefits of the CBD immediately.
CBD Crumble Alternatives
In addition to CBD crumble, there are a few great alternatives for all your CBD concentrate needs. Whether you want to dab, vaporize, eat, or smoke, these methods are just as versatile as a crumble.
CBD wax is very similar to CBD crumble, except the texture is slightly different. While the crumble breaks apart like a dried blue cheese, CBD wax is rather waxy and malleable. Like crumble, you can consume CBD wax through several methods such as vaporizing, dabbing, and adding to a flower for smoking. You can also add CBD wax to food recipes!
CBD isolates are the purest form of cannabidiol because it does not contain any other compounds. As a result, isolates are one of the most versatile forms of CBD. It comes in a white powder or crystal form that you can add to beverages, sprinkle over food, or vaporize. You also use isolates to make CBD oils.
CBD distillates are very similar to isolates. It comes in powder or crystal form and you can add it to various products for a quick CBD boost. However, CBD distillates are broad-spectrum because they contain all the other cannabinoids and terpenes from hemp.
You can add CBD distillate to topical products such as lotions or slaves to help relieve any muscle soreness. This method is exceptionally pure and promises potent and incredible benefits.
Final Thoughts – CBD Crumble
CBD crumble is an incredibly powerful and highly efficient method of consuming all the benefits of CBD. With all the different methods you can use to inhale this CBD concentrate, there is sure to be a method that works to receive all the calming and tranquil effects that a crumble has to offer.