CBD can be a key component of a person’s health and wellness routine, with products like CBD oil being used more often by consumers looking to boost their overall wellbeing. The beauty of CBD Oil is that it’s highly versatile and easy to dose. You can add it to anything from your morning cup of coffee to that hearty lasagna you plan to have for dinner. Those wanting to add a little bit of CBD to their life might wonder, “where does CBD Oil come from?”
No need to wonder; we have all the answers you’re looking for right here! Come with us as we take a deep dive into what CBD Oil is, where it comes from, and how you can use it to add vitality to your life!
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD Oil is made with a carrier oil (typically hemp seed oil) infused with the cannabinoid CBD. It is a highly versatile product that is consumed in several ways.
The three most common ways to consume oil are:
- Ingest it by itself
- Add it to food or drink
- Take it sublingually (underneath the tongue)
When ingested orally it takes 45-60 minutes for the effects to kick in, whereas oil dosed sublingually takes effect faster, usually within 15-30 minutes. Although the sublingual method has a faster onset, the duration of effects is only 4-6 hours compared to 6-8 for oral ingestion.
CBD Oil comes in two varieties:
- Broad spectrum: Contains CBD, other cannabinoids, terpenes but has no THC.
- Full spectrum: Contains THC, CBD, terpenes, and other cannabinoids.
Both broad and full spectrum CBD Oils are highly effective at providing the benefits of CBD. However, those wanting to experience the combined benefits of THC should take full spectrum CBD Oil.
CBD Oil and the Entourage Effect
The entourage effect occurs when CBD, other cannabinoids, and the natural terpenes in a CBD product work together synergistically to produce the optimal benefits of CBD for the consumer.
If you’re looking to avoid THC altogether, you will want to use broad spectrum CBD Oil. However, if you want to receive the optimal benefits of CBD, full spectrum CBD Oil is the best option. Both types of oil provide the entourage effect to varying degrees.
The Three Different Forms of Cannabis Extracts From Hemp
Several different types of oil are sourced from a cannabis plant. Confusion often arises between the three different cannabis plant extracts: hemp seed oil, hemp oil, and CBD Oil.
Here are the differences between the three hemp-derived oils:
- Hemp seed oil: Made from pressing the hemp seeds of hemp plants. The seeds contain no cannabinoids and are a highly nutritious superfood rich in omega-6 fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid.
- Hemp oil: Made from hemp oil extracted from the leaves and flowers of hemp plants. Hemp oil contains CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids.
- CBD oil: Made from extracting the flower, leaves, and stalks of hemp plants. It contains CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids.
Is CBD Oil Legal?
Yes! All hemp-derived CBD products, like CBD Oil, are 100% federally legal, thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill, which legalized hemp nationwide. All hemp-derived CBD products must have THC levels at or below 0.3%. Rest assured, that CBD Oil bottle of yours will not land you in trouble with the law.
Where Does CBD Oil Come From?
CBD Oil comes from hemp, a cannabis Sativa plant. CBD is extracted from the hemp plant’s flowers, leaves, and stalks and infused into a carrier oil. The most common carrier oil used is hemp seed oil.
Hemp Vs. Marijuana
Both hemp and marijuana are different types of cannabis species plants. Hemp is a cannabis Sativa plant, whereas marijuana can be either a cannabis Indica or Sativa plant. Both cannabis plants are often confused as the same. However, these two plants are drastically different in their properties and legality.
Here are some important differences between hemp and marijuana:
- CBD content: Hemp plants are very rich in CBD, while marijuana plants have lower CBD levels.
- THC content: Hemp plants contain small amounts of THC (0.3% or less). Marijuana plants are rich in THC content (above 0.3%).
- Intoxication: Hemp plants are not intoxicating since they contain almost no THC. Marijuana is known for being intoxicating due to its high THC content.
- Legality: As of 2018, hemp is 100% federally legal because it contains 0.3% or less THC. Marijuana is federally illegal under the controlled substances act. However, several states have legalized either medical cannabis, recreational use of marijuana, or both.
Certain hemp-derived CBD products, like Delta 8 THC, have caused confusion about what types of CBD products are considered legal. Remember, all hemp-derived CBD products are 100% federally legal.
However, state laws might be different and limit selling some of these products or ban them altogether. Always consult your state laws regarding cannabis products if you are unsure of their legality.
Does CBD Oil Come from the Same Plant As THC?
Yes! THC is a cannabinoid found in all cannabis plants regardless of strain. Trace amounts of THC (0.3% or less) are found in hemp plants. However, THC is found in abundance in THC-rich marijuana plants and is the main reason why marijuana is still considered federally illegal. All CBD products manufactured and sold in the USA are exclusively made from hemp plants that contain the federally allowed amount of THC.
What Are the Benefits & Effects of CBD Oil?
In addition to being highly versatile and easy to dose, hemp-derived CBD Oil is valued for many benefits that can improve a person’s overall wellbeing. How much you can consume is dependent upon several factors unique to your health.
Some things to consider before consuming are:
- Body chemistry
- Medical history
- Current medications
- CBD tolerance level
Benefits of Using CBD Oil
CBD Oil has become an important part of many people’s daily wellness routines. Its popularity is due not only to its ease of use but its valuable benefits in helping improve a person’s vitality.
Here are some of the many benefits:
- Encouraging mood
- Lowering agitation
- Facilitating mental clarity
- Easing traumatic experiences
- Boosting appetite
- Lessening stomach issues
- Relieving discomfort
- Decreasing joint swelling
- Aiding mobility
- Reducing skin issues
- Promoting better sleep
Possible Side Effects of CBD Oil
Although CBD is well tolerated and is considered very safe, rare side effects may occur in some individuals. It’s recommended you consult a medical professional before adding CBD Oil or any CBD product to your wellness routine, especially if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any prescription medications, or are unsure of how it will affect you.
Some of the most common side effects associated with CBD include:
- Shifts in appetite
- Changes in weight
- Interactions with medications
Note: You should never vape or smoke CBD Oil. It is highly flammable and can lead to serious bodily harm or inhalation of harmful toxins if vaped or smoked. Only use CBD products that are specially formulated to be used with vaporizers.
What to Look For When Buying CBD Oil
Since the 2018 Farm Bill passage, the cannabis industry has witnessed a meteoric rise in the number of CBD products available. With several startups wanting to get in on the CBD phenomenon, consumers can find it hard to determine what to look for when buying a high-quality CBD product.
Fortunately for consumers, a select few CBD companies stand out for their quality products, transparency, and authenticity. At Hollyweed CBD, our attention to excellence has set the standard for what to look for when buying premium quality products.
Our CBD Oil is:
- Made from USA grown hemp in compliance with the 2018 Farm Bill
- Made from 100% all-natural ingredients
- Made without additives or preservatives
- Tested at 0.3% THC or less
- Made with a safe and clean extraction process, such as carbon dioxide extraction
- Third-party lab tested with a Certificate of Analysis (COA) to ensure potency and quality
- Contained in a glass dropper bottle for easy dosing
- Available in several strengths and potencies
Final Thoughts – Where Does CBD Oil Come From?
That discreet dropper bottle that makes dosing CBD Oil so easy and convenient went through quite a production process to get to where it is. However, its journey is no mystery – it comes from the leaves, flowers, and stalks of hemp plants.
CBD Oil is popular for its many uplifting benefits and makes a unique addition to anyone’s daily wellness regimen. When buying CBD Oil, consumers need to consider several parameters that ensure their oil is produced to legal standards and made using safe and clean production processes. By understanding where CBD Oil comes from, you’ll gain a deeper appreciation for it when you add a few drops of it to your next meal or that favorite drink.