Whether it is a chocolate bar, sour gummies, or a fruit-flavored lollipop, everyone has a favorite piece of candy. CBD candy combines your favorite treat with the benefits of cannabidiol (CBD). We’re fairly certain you’ll find yourself enjoying more than just one!
CBD-infused candies are one of the many ways people are consuming CBD to take advantage of its benefits. These are the perfect treats to share with family and friends. And even if they claim to not have a sweet tooth, they’ll have a hard time turning down these tasty treats. Read on further to learn about these CBD-infused treats, their benefits, and more!
What is CBD Candy?
CBD candy is a sweet food infused with hemp extract that comes in various shapes, sizes, colors, and flavors. The main ingredient for candy is always some sweetener, whether natural or artificial (as always, we at Hollyweed prefer natural). Candy infused with cannabidiol is just one of many CBD edibles that make hemp even more fun!
Some CBD candies are soft and chewy, while others are hard and are gradually broken down by saliva. Candy comes in a long list of flavors; some are chocolate, while others are sour. Fruit-flavored candy is among the most popular. We’ve all had the occasional (or frequent) blue raspberry gummy bear or cherry-flavored lollipop, and CBD just adds to the goodness.
CBD candies commonly get their cannabidiol through infusion with CBD oil (also called a “tincture”). A lab then extracts the CBD from industrial hemp plants; CBD is a naturally occurring compound that is referred to as a cannabinoid.
The CBD oil used for candies can be either full-spectrum or broad-spectrum CBD. The main difference is that broad-spectrum is THC-free, and full-spectrum CBD contains a trace amount of THC (0.3% or less). The amount of THC is an important factor in deciding if cannabidiol candy is legal or not.
Is CBD Candy Legal?
CBD products, including candy, are legal due to the 2018 Farm Bill. The bill made it legal for farmers and manufacturers to grow and sell hemp. These manufacturers use different methods to extract CBD and other naturally occurring compounds from these plants and infuse them into various products.
Whether you prefer inhaling CBD vape, or would rather enjoy a CBD gummy at the start of the day, all of these things are legal at a federal level. You can even buy pre-rolls or CBD flower to grind up and smoke out of a bong. As long as the product is hemp-derived, it’s federally legal.
The amount of THC in CBD products determines its legality. As we mentioned, hemp became federally legal by the 2018 Farm Bill. The bill also defined “hemp” as cannabis plants with 0.3% THC or less. More than 0.3% THC causes the plant to be labeled as “marijuana,” which is federally illegal.
One way CBD companies are transparent with their products is with a Certificate of Analysis (COA). CBD brands send their products to get third-party lab tested for cannabinoid content and the accuracy of the label. Whether you decide to shop for CBD candy online or in person, make sure it comes with a Certificate of Analysis to show that it has the legal amount of THC.
Candies made with CBD isolate contain no THC. CBD isolate is a flavorless and odorless white powder that is 99%+ pure CBD. It does not contain any other natural chemical compounds or cannabinoids from hemp plants.
What Are the Effects of CBD Candy?
The best cannabidiol candy goes beyond just tasting great, like regular candy. It has the beneficial effects of CBD as a bonus. Here are the positive effects of CBD-infused candy consumption:
- Alleviates Physical Discomfort: Research suggests that CBD can help soothe sore muscles and body aches.
- Soothes Swelling: If you have sore joints at the end of your day, CBD candies can provide soothing relief for it.
- Eases Nervousness: CBD candies can provide feelings of tranquility when your thoughts are racing.
- Sparks Creativity: A few CBD candies can enhance your mood and inspire you while doing something artistic.
- Promotes Natural Sleep: Studies have shown that CBD can effectively alleviate sleeping issues and promote a night of more natural sleep.
- Boosts Natural Digestion: An upset stomach can be an unpleasant experience. CBD candies can help soothe gastrointestinal issues.
When you consume your CBD candies, they pass through the digestion system and then into the bloodstream. CBD offers an all-natural, non-addictive boost to the endocannabinoid system (ECS). This system is responsible for providing people with an overall mental and physical balance.
CBD candies contain very few adverse effects. First-time consumers may experience side effects such as nausea, drowsiness, or increased thirst due to dry mouth. These effects are mild at most and are temporary.
Side effects usually subside with repeated consumption. CBD is non-toxic. If you unintentionally ate too much cannabidiol-infused candy, the good news is that there has never been a reported case of someone overdosing from CBD!
Can CBD Candy Get You High?
Since federally legal CBD candies contain less than 0.3 percent THC, it is not strong enough to get you high. THC is the active ingredient in marijuana that is responsible for producing an intoxicating side effect on consumers.
The effects of a cannabidiol-infused candy depend on the potency of the CBD oil. It may also depend on the severity of the issue you’re experiencing. For example, someone with mild gastrointestinal issues may have more noticeable effects with CBD candy than someone with serious muscle fatigue.
CBD ingestion takes a little longer to take effect than inhalation but generally lasts longer. For minor issues, feel the effects of CBD within the first 30-60 minutes and last 6-8 hours. Consistently taking CBD will also cause the benefits to be stronger.
What Are the Benefits of Eating CBD Candy?
Eating cannabidiol candy comes with plenty of benefits. One bite of CBD candy takes you back to when you were a kid coming home from a night of trick-or-treating on Halloween and trying out different candies for the first time. Here are some of the benefits of eating CBD candy:
- Energy Boost: Sugar from cannabidiol candies are simple carbohydrates broken down in the digestion system. They eventually become glucose. Glucose acts as an energy source for the body.
- Amazing Taste: Some people seek the benefits of cannabidiol but might not be fans of CBD oil’s taste. CBD oil on its own is earthy, robust, and not for everyone. CBD candies mask that taste with other, more favorable flavors like chocolate or fruity notes.
- Discreet: Lighting up a CBD pre-roll is fairly noticeable, and some may mistake it for a marijuana joint. Some people do not feel comfortable or do not have the lung capacity to inhale CBD flower, vapes, or concentrates. Eating CBD candy is easy, straightforward, and does not draw attention.
Types of CBD Candies
Candies made with CBD extract are just one of many kinds of CBD edibles. Some are more popular and easier to find than other CBD edibles. Here is a list of the best cannabidiol-infused candy to share with your friends and family members:
- CBD Gummies: CBD gummies are organic, with 100 percent all-natural ingredients. It also comes in a variety of fruit flavors with full-spectrum CBD.
- CBD-Infused Honey Sticks: If you are trying to cut down on sweets, CBD-infused honey sticks are a great alternative. Made with organic Brazilian Rainforest honey and full-spectrum CBD, you can enjoy it on its own or add it to your favorite tea.
- CBD Lollipops: Everyone has had a lollipop, and if you haven’t, we recommend trying your first one with CBD. Enjoyed anywhere with their wide variety of flavors and their small size!
- CBD Hard Candy: Savor your hard candy over a long period or crunched early for those of us that aren’t too patient. There are also sugar-free CBD hard candies, which are ideal for people who want to enjoy a CBD treat without sugar.
Final Thoughts – CBD Candy
Everyone has a favorite piece of candy they have enjoyed as kids and into adulthood. For some, it is gummy bears, and other people are happiest with a lollipop. CBD candy is a great way to continue to enjoy your favorite treat but with the bonus of CBD.
More and more people are trying different CBD products to experience cannabidiol’s many benefits. If you would like to try different CBD products, check out Hollyweed CBD’s incredible line of products!