As the popularity of CBD continues to grow, you’ll begin to see more CBD-infused products out there. CBD gum is one of these new products that can provide minty freshness for your breath and many soothing benefits for your body and mind. But, more importantly, CBD gum is fast-acting and can quickly give you that little boost you need in your life.
CBD gum is one of the most discreet and unassuming ways to consume cannabidiol. Whether you are having a stressful day at the office or about to go on a first date, CBD gum is here to help. Let’s take a look at all the wonderful benefits of this popular product.
The Ultimate CBD Gum Guide
Simply put, CBD gum is normal chewing gum infused with CBD hemp extract. As a result, you get all the benefits of gum and CBD with every chew.
CBD gum is typically a mint chewing gum, but brands are expanding their flavors all the time to include different variations of mint (like spearmint) and other fruit flavors.
CBD chewing gum allows you to freshen your breath and get a calming infusion of CBD whenever you need it. Although there aren’t as many varieties compared to normal gum, more and more companies are starting to produce CBD gum for the general market. It’s even slowly making its way into sports to help athletes calm their nerves during a match or game.
Benefits Of CBD Gum
Even just the act of chewing gum is good for you and has many benefits. Some of the more obvious benefits of chewing gum include (but aren’t limited to):
- Stimulating natural saliva production
- Helping curb food cravings
- Combating nicotine cravings
- Reducing boredom
Additionally, recent research into gum-chewing suggests that there are even more benefits, such as:
- Improving brain function
- Increasing alertness and memory
- A better mood
- Reducing stress
The studies are still ongoing, but things look good for gum chewing. If you need to take a test or have trouble concentrating, just chewing a piece of gum may calm you down and help you focus.
Benefits Of CBD
CBD has a whole set of benefits on its own. CBD is a naturally occurring cannabinoid (cannabis-derived compound) found primarily in hemp. Many people love taking CBD for its many wellness benefits.
Some benefits of CBD include:
- Promotes calm and relaxation
- Reducing nervousness
- Soothes various discomforts
- Eases tense muscles
- Boosts mood
- Helps stomach problems
CBD supports your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) and helps you reach homeostasis or an inner balance. The main function of the ECS is to regulate many important functions in your body, such as your nervous system, mood, sleep cycle, brain, and immune system.
Unlike THC and marijuana, CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning it does NOT have any euphoric effects that can get you high. Since there are no psychoactive effects, CBD also has very few side effects. It’s well-tolerated by most people, and any reported side effects are usually very minor.
Some potential side effects you might experience are:
- Dry mouth
- Slight fatigue or drowsiness
- Mild diarrhea or nausea
What’s the Difference Between CBD Gum and Other CBD Edibles?
When compared to other edibles, like CBD gummies, honey sticks, or baked goods, CBD gum clearly sets itself apart. Some key differences include:
You can eat a piece of gum pretty much anywhere to get the calming feeling of CBD. In a movie theatre, office, while shopping – no one will give you a second glance if all you’re doing is popping a piece of gum in your mouth.
Gum is extremely convenient because the individual pieces are small, and a whole package can fit in your bag, pocket, or purse. This allows you to take your CBD chewing gum everywhere – going out with friends, to the gym, or even on an airplane.
Also, each piece of gum has a measured dose of CBD so you can keep track of how much you’re using, making it easy for you to hone in your dosage.
While other edibles must go through your body’s digestive system before the CBD enters your bloodstream, the CBD is absorbed through the glands under your tongue and cheeks when you chew gum. Not only is that much faster than eating an edible (a few minutes compared to up to an hour) but more CBD is absorbed into your body.
The amount of CBD your body absorbs is the bioavailability of the product. With edibles, the bioavailability of edibles is generally around 10-15%. However, since gum is not digested, the CBD enters your bloodstream sublingually through membranes in your mouth and under your tongue.
As a result, you can feel the effects in as little as 15 minutes, and there is a higher bioavailability at around 15-20%!
What To Look For When Searching For CBD Gum
When choosing your CBD gum, don’t just try anything! Here are a few things to look for:
- Healthy, natural ingredients: Stay away from artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, and excessive preservatives. Choose a brand with natural flavors and organic, non-GMO ingredients.
- Reputable company: Select a company that is transparent about its ingredients and production process. They should tell you exactly how they make their hemp extract. Also, good customer reviews are an indicator of a trusted company and brand.
- High-quality hemp: The hemp used to make the CBD oil in the gum should be made from organic, USA-grown hemp. Look for a Certificate of Analysis (COA), a document that lists the complete cannabinoid profile, which shows the accuracy and effectiveness of a product. COAs should be readily available for you to view.
- Type of CBD used: The gum will likely use full-spectrum CBD, broad-spectrum CBD, or CBD isolate. For those who aren’t sure of the difference, here’s a quick reminder:
- Full-spectrum CBD: Full-spectrum CBD has all the terpenes and cannabinoids associated with hemp, including a small amount of THC (0.3% or less). Don’t worry because this small amount is not enough to get you high! THC helps boost the effectiveness of CBD through the “entourage effect.”
- Broad-spectrum CBD: Broad-spectrum CBD is essentially the same as full-spectrum CBD but with zero THC. The entourage effect is still present but offers a THC-free option for those who want to avoid THC altogether.
- CBD isolate: CBD isolate is the purest form of CBD available. Isolate is essentially flavorless because it’s produced specifically to not have any other cannabinoids or terpenes. It is extremely versatile and can be added to various food or drink.
Is CBD Gum Legal?
Absolutely! After the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp and hemp-derived products (like CBD-infused chewing gum) are completely legal in all 50 states. Although some restrictions vary from state to state (double-check with your state to make sure), you should be able to buy CBD gum anywhere in the United States and online.
As long as the CBD product does not contain over 0.3% THC, it is legal for you to buy. Anything over 0.3% THC is considered a marijuana product, which is still heavily regulated and federally illegal.
CBD Gum Alternatives
Looking for an infusion of CBD but not really keen on gum? Try these alternatives:
- CBD gummies: Our CBD gummies are vegan, natural, and organic, with no artificial flavors, preservatives, or GMOs. It’s a tasty way to get your daily dose of CBD.
- CBD honey sticks: CBD honey sticks are individually packaged tubes of CBD honey. Each stick has 10mg of CBD and is perfectly sized to add to a cup of tea or just as a midday treat.
- CBD capsules: CBD capsules are simple and flavorless, so you get the CBD you need – and nothing else!
- CBD oil: Our CBD oil is lab-tested to ensure you’re getting a quality product. The CBD hemp oil is also made with hempseed oil to provide you with extra health benefits. Simply drop it under your tongue or add it to your favorite food or drink for an extra CBD boost!
Hollyweed started with a sign. Soon afterward, what started as a stunt turned into a symbol. In 2017, multimedia artist and plant advocate Zach Fernandez changed the iconic Hollywood sign to read Hollyweed. It became a representation of Southern California cannabis culture – of chill vibes and the freedom to smoke.
From this movement emerged Hollyweed CBD, a partnership with Zach to bring LA culture to the CBD world. From flowers to tinctures, we make everything from high-quality, all-natural, USA-grown hemp.
But more than that, we design our products to capture the essence of SoCal. Just light up a preroll, pop a gummy in your mouth, kick up your feet, and you’ll see that the sun will be a bit brighter, your mind will clear, and you might even hear waves crashing in the distance.
Final Thoughts – Does CBD Gum Work?
We’ve all had gum before. You know – to freshen your breath, keep you awake, or just as something to chew on. Maybe you’re the type to play with your gum by blowing bubbles or snapping it. However, CBD gum can enhance your entire experience and make normal gum even better!