When it comes to finding easy-to-use CBD products, none can match the versatility of the CBD tincture. Most hemp enthusiasts agree that CBD tinctures are the ideal choice of CBD consumption for first-time or seasoned consumers. Once you have obtained this product, do you know how to use CBD tincture to its full potential?
Consumers often use their imagination to provide them with different ways to enjoy CBD tinctures. The various ways to use your oils will match your tastes and preferences while boosting overall wellness. Read on further to learn about the different ways to consume CBD tinctures, their benefits, and more!
Table of Contents
What Is CBD Tincture?
CBD stands for cannabidiol, one of many naturally occurring plant chemical compounds found in the hemp plant. CBD is extracted from the leaves and flowers of the hemp plant.
Hemp-derived CBD extract is combined with a carrier oil like hemp seed oil or coconut oil to make CBD tinctures. Tinctures are one of the most versatile CBD product you can use, as you can add them to your food and drink or even swallow it directly.
There are two main types of CBD tinctures that you can find on the market:
- Full spectrum CBD: Full spectrum CBD contains all the compounds found in hemp, including cannabinoids (including up to 0.3% THC), flavonoids, and terpenes. This type of CBD is also the most effective form of CBD because the presence of all the compounds creates a synergy called the “entourage effect.” When the entourage effect occurs, the compounds work together to boost the effectiveness of CBD.
- Broad spectrum CBD: Full and broad spectrum CBD is very similar, but there is no THC in the broad spectrum with one major difference. The lack of THC weakens the entourage effect, but the broad spectrum is still very effective with the other compounds in hemp. Many people who want to avoid THC for any reason prefer broad spectrum products the most!
CBD isolate is the third type of CBD, although it is not typically found as an oil tincture. Isolates are pure (99%+) CBD and usually come as a tasteless white powder.
CBD tinctures come with either or of these CBD extracts. CBD tinctures require less than 0.3%THC, according to one of the guidelines established by the 2018 Farm Bill. The bill made it legal for hemp to grow, sell, and use all hemp-derived CBD products. Any product that contains over 0.3% THC is considered a marijuana product, which is still illegal federally and unapproved by the food and drug administration.
Is CBD Tincture the Same as CBD Oil?
Yes! CBD tinctures and CBD oils are the same thing — both terms are interchangeable. The best quality of CBD oil comes from all-natural ingredients in the cannabis plant such as CBD extract and carrier hemp oil.
Consumers should avoid brands containing additional preservatives, artificial colorings, and flavoring in their CBD oil. The best types of CBD oils come from American-grown hemp. Nationally grown hemp is subject to more regulation than hemp imported internationally from companies that might apply pesticides to their hemp plants.
What Are the Benefits of Using CBD Tincture
People take CBD tinctures for a variety of reasons. Whether they are looking to take control of their wellness or soothe some discomfort, they may be feeling. When the body consumes CBD oil, the CBD molecules support the endocannabinoid system’s receptors (ECS), which support homeostasis in the body.
Once CBD oil is absorbed, expect the following benefits.
- Enhances Mood: Stress is unavoidable sometimes. Taking CBD tincture can help provide feelings of tranquility.
- Balances Appetite: Eating helps our stomachs easily absorb and digest nutrients from food. CBD tinctures can help stimulate natural digestion.
- Eases Nervousness: Racing thoughts can sometimes prevent people from doing the most simple things. One way to combat overthinking is by consuming CBD to feel calmer.
- Alleviates Physical Discomfort: Body aches are annoying to deal with and can hinder a person’s ability to complete day-to-day tasks. Taking CBD oil can help soothe some of the soreness or swelling located around the body.
- Promotes Natural Sleep: People require sleep to rest their minds and bodies. With CBD tinctures, people may enjoy a full night’s sleep again.
- Soothes Joint Swelling: Years of physical activity can cause body joints to ache and swell up. CBD oil may decrease swelling and support joint mobility.
One of the great things about CBD is that it’s well-tolerated by most people and has very few side effects! There are no intoxicating or psychoactive feelings from taking CBD, and you shouldn’t feel high. Most reported side effects are typically very mild and go away quickly.
Some of the potential side effects people might experience are:
- Dry mouth
- Mild diarrhea
- Slight fatigue or drowsiness
- Possible stomach aches or queasiness
How to Use CBD Tincture
CBD tinctures are one of the easiest CBD products to use because they are extremely versatile. Although there are no official guidelines for taking CBD, we recommend taking 0.25mg for every pound of bodyweight! For someone that weighs 120 lbs, a regular dose of CBD would be about 30mg (120 lbs x 0.25mg/lb = 30 mg).
For a stronger dose, take 0.5 milligrams of CBD oil for every one pound of body weight. The same 120 lb. individual would consume about 60mg of CBD. (120 lbs x 0.5mg/lb = 60mg)
We recommend first-time consumers start with half a regular dose and see how they react to it. Once you get more used to CBD, you can gradually increase the dosage until you feel the desired effects. Here are some of the most common ways to consume CBD oil.
The fastest way to enjoy CBD oil is by dropping the appropriate dosage amount under the tongue. Once you figured out the appropriate dose, add the drops under the tongue and hold it there for 60 to 90 seconds.
CBD is absorbed by the glands under the tongue, which allows it to directly enter the bloodstream. The effects of CBD are felt faster when it is applied sublingually because it bypasses the digestive system. It can take up to 15 to 30 minutes to feel the effects, and it can last about 4 to 6 hours.
CBD Edibles or CBD Drinks
Another way you can take CBD is by adding it to your favorite foods and drinks or swallowing directly. You can combine CBD oil into your dressing before drizzling it across a nutritious salad. Add CBD tincture to your homemade lemonade recipe for a refreshing and wellness-boosting beverage.
CBD edibles and drinks can take a little longer than the sublingual method for feeling CBD’s effects. Allow up to an hour to feel the effects. Once you feel the effects, they can last anywhere from 6-8 hours.
Topical Use of CBD Tincture
Another popular method of using CBD is to apply it as a topical! There are many different types of CBD-infused topical products like lip balm, hand sanitizer, body lotion, bath bombs, and salves.
However, CBD oil is designed for ingestion and to enter your system orally or sublingually. Applying it to your skin may not have the effects that you desire or may not be effective at all. The oil itself most likely won’t absorb into the skin well and provide the same soothing relief as other topicals.
What is the Best Way to Use CBD Tincture?
The best way to use CBD tincture comes down to the consumer’s personal preference. CBD tinctures address a whole number of issues differently. If you are dealing with muscle tension, it can help alleviate that issue. If you want to get a full night’s worth of sleep, using it sublingually is the best way the effects of CBD get activated.
One of the best ways to use CBD tincture is by adding it to your overall daily routine. A few drops to your coffee and morning toast can help you prepare to tackle whatever comes your way throughout the day.
Can the Way You Use CBD Tincture Impact the Effects?
One of the things that impact the effects of using CBD tinctures is their bioavailability. CBD bioavailability refers to how much and at what rate your body absorbs CBD. This determines the appropriate dose for each use.
Bioavailability differs for each type of consumption method for CBD. The higher the bioavailability, the more potent the effects of CBD are.
Here is a breakdown of the bioavailability of the different ways CBD tincture is used.
- Sublingual: CBD oil is absorbed into the sublingual gland, where it then enters the bloodstream. When taken sublingually, CBD tinctures have a bioavailability of anywhere from 15 to 25%.
- Oral Ingestion: CBD edibles and drinks have a lower bioavailability at 10 to 20%. It’s lower because of CBD has to pass through the digestive system. Once it completes its journey through the digestive tract, CBD enters through the bloodstream about 30 minutes to an hour later.
- Topical Use: Although most topicals have a high bioavailability of around 40-50%, CBD oil may not be as high. CBD oils may not work as intended when absorbed through the skin.
Where Can I Find CBD Tincture?
When it comes to offering the best CBD products, Hollyweed CBD sits on the top shelf of all brands. Hollyweed received its namesake from the famous Hollywood sign temporarily changed to Hollyweed on New Year’s Day 2017.
The brand collaborates with the artist responsible for the artwork and the team of wellness individuals with decades of experience with hemp. Hollyweed believes in raising awareness and knowledge about the many benefits of hemp-derived CBD.
Reasons To Choose Hollyweed
You do not have to live in Southern California to live out the Hollyweed vibe. Here are some more reasons why you should choose Hollyweed for your CBD tincture.
- Transparent: Hollyweed CBD oil comes accredited by a 3rd-party lab. This lab then tests the product for cannabinoid content to ensure the effectiveness and accuracy of claimed CBD content. The results appear on a Certificate of Analysis (COA), a document available on their website. The website also includes easy-to-read and understand policies on returns and shipping.
- Knowledgeable: Raising awareness is important to Hollyweed, which is why it provides insightful and research articles to address any questions the consumer might have.
- Potency: The CBD tincture at Hollyweed comes in different potencies to help tackle any concerns a consumer might be experiencing.
- Consumer Reviews: Hollyweed has plenty of honest and positive feedback from customers. Consumer retention is important for any brand, and Hollyweed contains plenty of reviews from happy consumers.
Final Thoughts – How to Use CBD Tincture
People strive to have the best products that can taste great and provide plenty of benefits. CBD tinctures easily meet all of these requirements, with the bonus in different ways one ingests these yummy treats or refreshments.
CBD oils are among the many different CBD product hitting the shelves everywhere. If you want to check out other amazing CBD-infused products or want to learn more about CBD in general, then check out Hollyweed CBD!