One hit of Green Crack had iconic rapper and cannabis connoisseur Snoop Dogg saying “Ooh wee!” at the pleasant euphoric sensations of this potent marijuana strain. Now, this classic California hybrid’s offspring is available for wellness-minded individuals to enjoy as Green Crack CBD hemp flower! The regular Green Crack strain has its roots firmly planted in cannabis culture for nearly 40 years! Now, its CBD-rich descendant is ready to chart its own storied legacy.
Keep reading to find out why Green Crack CBD makes for a mouth-watering and pleasurable smoke! And if you want to satisfy your palate with similar strains, we’ll give you several that you can find right here at Hollyweed! Let’s get crackin’!
Green Crack CBD Strain: Genetics
Green Crack CBD’s genealogy results from crossing two iconic strains. Growers at Northern California’s Humboldt Seed Organization took the 50/50 Indica-Sativa hybrid California Orange CBD strain (aka “Cali Orange,” “Cali-O,” and “Cali Orange Bud”) and crossed it with the 65/35 Sativa-leaning Green Crack strain (aka “Green Cush,” “Cush,” and “Mango Crack”) to produce Green Crack CBD, a Sativa-dominant hybrid.
Green Crack CBD’s parent strain, the classic California Sweet Skunk or, more commonly, Green Crack, is an older strain. This makes it hard to pinpoint its exact lineage. Some say Green Crack results from inbreeding Skunk #1, an Indica-leaning hybrid strain. But the consensus is that Green Crack originated from a cross between Skunk #1 and an Afghani Indica landrace strain.
Green Crack CBD flower is a dense and heavy oblong bud. The toughness of the bud is largely due to the durability of Green Crack CBD plants. They can withstand strong winds due to their strong root system and large elongated terminal colas that protect the bud site.
The pistils, the pollen-collecting hairs that grow outwards from the bud, have a deep amber color. The sugar leaves, which help protect this complex and dynamic plant, are crinkly and saturated in trichomes. These hair-like outgrowths are the flower’s resin glands where CBD and other cannabinoids reside. These milky trichomes give the leaves a frosted light green appearance.
When viewing the buds from afar, you’ll notice spectacular purple, red, orange, and lime green hints. These color combinations give Green Crack CBD hemp flower a whimsical appearance.
Green Crack CBD strains come in two varieties. The most popular variety is the 60/40 Sativa-dominant hybrid which we focus on in this article. Not as popular are the 75/25 or 60/40 Indica-dominant hybrid.
But what does being a “Sativa-dominant hybrid” mean for Green Crack CBD? Let’s take a look at the three different strain types to get a better understanding:
- Sativa: When you smoke a Sativa strain, you’ll feel uplifted, energized, and ready to seize the day. These strain types are perfect for daytime consumption.
- Indica: These strains produce calming effects and provide full-body relaxation for consumers. For this reason, Indica strains are commonly consumed in the evening and nighttime and are a great way to unwind after a hard day’s work.
- Hybrid: Strains labeled as “hybrid” contain a mix of Sativa and Indica genetics and express qualities unique to both strains. Strains can either be a 50/50 hybrid; Sativa-dominant (expressing mostly Sativa qualities); or Indica-dominant (expressing mostly Indica qualities).
Legend has it that Cecil B. (or Cecil C. depending on who you ask), a cannabis breeder in Athens, Ohio created this strain in the late 1980s or early 1990s. Calling it “Green Cush” or “Cush,” the strain’s notoriety grew among cannabis connoisseurs until it achieved pop-culture status when rapper Snoop Dogg tried the Sativa-hybrid for the first time in the early 2000s. The “Gin and Juice” rapper couldn’t get enough of this strain’s energizing and heady cerebral sensations and affectionately dubbed it “Green Crack.” The moniker stuck, and since then, the strain has been known by that name. But the invigorating sensations of this strain aren’t just limited to marijuana.
Ever since the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill, which made hemp and hemp-derived products federally legal in the United States as long as they contain 0.3% or less THC, consumer demand for hemp flower strains with high CBD properties has skyrocketed. Growers seized the opportunity and created a hemp plant (Cannabis sativa) variety of Green Crack dubbed “Green Crack CBD.”
Fans have to thank the Humboldt Seed Organization, a Northern California breeder and seed bank of regular and therapeutic cannabis seeds, for this elite pedigree hybrid. By crossing Green Crack with California Orange CBD, Humboldt Seeds were able to produce Green Crack CBD. If you want to try your luck cultivating your own Green Crack CBD hemp flower, Humboldt seeds can sell cannabis seeds directly to you.
Strain Terpene Profile
Terpenes are natural plant compounds responsible for each strain’s unique aroma and flavor profile. These compounds are what give Green Crack CBD its distinct flavor and smell.
Here are the dominant terpenes you will find in Green Crack CBD and what they smell and taste like:
- Myrcene: An herbal, woodland scent with a splash of spice and undertone of sweet tropical fruits.
- Alpha- and Beta-Pinene: These terpenes differ in their chemical structure but produce a similar earthy aroma of coniferous pine trees accented by the spiciness of freshly harvested herbs.
- Beta-Caryophyllene: A strong arboreal scent with herbal hints punctuated by the arresting spicy aroma of black pepper and cinnamon.
- Humulene: A concoction of black pepper, sage, and hops accentuates this humulene’s loamy overtones of ground chickpeas.
What Does Green Crack CBD Flower Taste & Smell Like?
When it comes to Green Crack CBD, you’ll experience a cacophony of flavors and aromas that will bring you back for more. It’s no wonder this enduring strain is a favorite of CBD enthusiasts.
When you smoke Green Crack CBD hemp flower, you’ll taste and smell bold, tangy citric overtones and sweet tropical mangoes balanced by fresh pine and pepper undertones. The sweet and sour earthy flavor of Green Crack CBD is further complemented by a strong gassy mango scent with a sweet citrus bite.
Green Crack CBD Effects
Before we get into the effects of Green Crack CBD, let’s briefly recap what CBD is to better understand how the strain can benefit a person’s wellness. Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid, a naturally occurring hemp plant compound. When consumed, CBD interacts with the receptors of your endocannabinoid system (ECS). This expansive network of cellular signaling receptors helps optimize several key biological processes important to homeostasis, or stability in the body. Such processes include mood, digestion, fertility, mobility, and rest.
When you smoke or vape Green Crack CBD, you provide your body with CBD to help improve your general wellness. The many benefits that Green Crack CBD include:
- Encouraging deep focus
- Promoting positive thoughts
- Providing a refreshing burst of energy
- Easing social tension
- Reducing nervousness
- Helping lower tension
- And many more benefits!
CBD and THC Content
Depending on where you buy your Green Crack CBD hemp flower, you’ll typically find the strain with a 17-22% CBD content. Like all hemp flower strains, the THC content of Green Crack CBD is always 0.3% or less.
Other Cannabinoids In This Strain
Each hemp flower strain contains numerous naturally occurring cannabinoids. In addition to CBD and THC (Delta 9 THC), here are some other cannabinoids you will find in varying amounts in Green Crack CBD:
- Delta 8 THC
- Cannabidiolic Acid (CBDA)
- Cannabidivarinic Acid (CBDVA)
- Cannabigerol (CBG)
- Cannabigerolic Acid (CBGA)
- Cannabichromene (CBC)
- Cannabichomenic Acid (CBCA)
- And many other cannabinoids
The cannabinoid profiles of every strain are typically listed in a Certificate of Analysis (COA). These third-party lab results contain a strain’s cannabinoid profile and ensure customers they’re getting a safe product. At Hollyweed, we provide COAs for all our cannabis strains.
Hemp Flower: Suggested Usage
Consuming hemp flower doesn’t have to be a dull and monotonous process. Add some variety to your hemp flower experience by consuming it in the following ways:
- Pipes, Bongs, & Bubblers: These are great investments for frequent smokers. A glass pipe is pretty straightforward; pack the bowl, light, and inhale. Bongs and bubblers are glass pipes with a water chamber that cools and filters the smoke for a smooth hit.
- Joints, Pre Rolls, & Blunts: Add some ground hemp flower to a rolling paper of your choice to make one of these customizable doobies. You can make joints and blunts at home and purchase pre-rolls from reputable hemp flower brands like us!
- Dry Herb Vaporizers: For a smokeless experience, try vapes. Instead of combustion, a heating chamber vaporizes your flower and produces rich, velvety vapor.
Similar CBD Flower Strains
If you find it hard to come across Green Crack CBD hemp flower, you’re in luck. Here are some similar Sativa-dominant hemp flower hybrid strain alternatives — the majority of which you can find right here at our Hollyweed shop — that are just as effective at delivering the benefits and similar terpene profile of Green Crack CBD:
- Hawaiian Haze (~18% CBD): Transport yourself to an island paradise with this uplifting strain. You’ll revitalize your day with this enchanting strain’s sweet tropical flavors and fragrant aromas.
- Sour Diesel (20.17% CBD): Stay focused with this energetic strain overflowing with earthy flavors punctuated by a gaseous aroma.
- Sour Space Candy (20.66% CBD): Savor an earthy blend of flavors balanced by fresh citrus complemented by a skunky, gaseous aroma.
- Skywalker OG (20.94% CBD): This strain will send you out of this world while keeping your feet planted on the ground with its earthy, pungent aroma undercut by hints of zesty citrus. As you exhale, your saturated palate will exhale sweet fruity flavors.
Final Thoughts – Green Crack CBD Hemp Flower
Green Crack CBD is the hemp flower version of the classic marijuana strain of the same name. Consumers who like to start their day out with a blast of vitalizing energy and reap the benefits of CBD have made this flower into a must-have strain.
Don’t be discouraged if you find Green Crack CBD hard to find. There are plenty of worthy hemp flower alternatives for consumers wanting to experience the cerebral sensations of this potent CBD strain. You don’t have to look far; we have them right here at our store! Pay a visit and get some potent Sativa-dominant hybrids to start your day right!