Smoking CBD flower can be a fun, social activity that provides many therapeutic benefits at the same time. It’s one of the original and most popular methods for enjoying CBD at any time for a quick uplifting boost. Many people prefer smoking hemp flower because it’s the most natural way to consume CBD.
So what benefits does smoking CBD hemp flower have over the other methods? Find out why we strongly recommend using our CBD flower strains and our best suggestions to enjoy smoking CBD!
What is CBD Flower?
CBD flower is the bud on the hemp plant that has been dried, harvested, and cured in preparation for you to enjoy. You might have also heard the term “nug” before, in reference to the shape of the bud after it has been harvested. You can buy CBD flower in small and large buds, but they have the same effects when smoked.
CBD flower is the heart of the hemp plant, where you can find the highest concentrations of CBD. Hemp is a cannabis plant with high CBD concentrations but should not be confused with the other cannabis plant, marijuana. Smoking marijuana can get you high due to its high amounts of THC, which produces many intoxicating and psychoactive effects.
Although the benefits of CBD and THC are very similar, the main difference is that CBD is not psychoactive and does not produce any high or euphoric effects. Many people have started to switch over from smoking marijuana to hemp flower because there are very few CBD side effects.
How CBD Works
CBD is a naturally occurring compound that can have profound effects on our bodies. When CBD enters our system, it reacts with our body’s cannabinoid receptors and supports the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS helps us regulate our sleep, mood, appetite, digestion, and memory functions.
By supporting our ECS, CBD helps us move toward homeostasis or a state of inner balance. Achieving this equilibrium can help us function better in our daily lives and work more efficiently at a higher level.
Some of the main benefits of CBD are:
- Promotes better sleep
- Enhances mood
- Relieves discomfort and soreness
- Boosts appetite
- Improves digestion
Is CBD Flower Legal?
Yes, all CBD flower is legal!
The 2018 Farm Bill states that all hemp and hemp-derived products are federally legal to be sold and manufactured in the United States. However, all hemp products must contain no more than 0.3% THC. Any flower that has over 0.3% THC is considered marijuana, which is still illegal federally.
Although CBD flower is legal federally, it is still not legal in all 50 states. Federal and state laws sometimes differ, so be sure to check your state’s policy on CBD!
What Are the Benefits of Smoking CBD Flower?
Smoking CBD flower is one of the fastest and most efficient ways to feel the effects of CBD. Inhaling smoke or vapor sends the CBD directly into your lungs, which then enters your bloodstream and bodies much faster than eating edibles or ingesting CBD oil. You can usually feel the effects kick in within just a few minutes, if not almost instantly.
Many people love smoking CBD flower in the mornings because it provides a quick and easy way to feel energized and clear-headed to start the day. The effects from smoking CBD typically last about 3-4 hours, which is perfect for those looking for short-term relief.
Some CBD hemp flower strains have a more sedative nature to provide powerful soothing and calming effects. Strains like Northern Lights or Skywalker OG are known for their high CBD content that can help you unwind after a long day.
Great for Sharing
Many people prefer smoking over other methods because it can become a shared social activity amongst friends, family, and loved ones. Whether you are passing a bong around or sharing a joint, smoking CBD can bring everyone together.
If you find yourself in an unfamiliar social situation, CBD is also great for removing any social inhibitions you might have. It can help you clear your mind and feel less social anxiety so that you can enjoy yourself more!
Help Quit Smoking
Smokers trying to quit often experience withdrawal symptoms of anxiety, sleeplessness, headaches, or irritability. In some cases, the nicotine withdrawal can last weeks or even months that becomes incredibly hard to overcome. Because CBD has the fantastic ability to help calm the mind, relax the body, and promote better sleep, what effect can it have on smokers and nicotine addiction?
A study performed in 2013 examined the potential for CBD to help curb cigarette cravings in smokers trying to quit. Test subjects reported up to a 40% reduction in smoking cigarettes within just a week of taking CBD. The researchers found that the smokers continued to smoke far less even after the study had ended.
Smoking can also provide a “throat hit” that may be familiar to smokers, helping them better transition into a nicotine-free life.
Can Smoking CBD Flower Get Me High?
No, smoking CBD flower won’t get you high! CBD does not have any psychoactive effects and shouldn’t leave you feeling high no matter how much you smoke. One of the great things about CBD is that it also has very few side effects. However, everyone may react differently to CBD, so always start with a lower dosage if you are unsure about your tolerance.
Most people tolerate CBD very well and have no issues whatsoever. The few reported side effects are typically very minor and go away pretty quickly. Some of the side effects you might encounter are:
- Dry mouth
- Mild nausea or dizziness
- Change in appetite or mood
Is CBD Flower Better Than CBD Oil?
CBD flower and CBD oil are both fantastic products that have their benefits and uses. They are both extremely versatile and can be used in many different ways. It would be hard to put one over the other, but here some of the main advantages to using both CBD flower and CBD oil.
Some people prefer the natural earthiness and the fast-acting effects of smoking CBD flower. Smoking is the tried and true method for taking CBD in its rawest form, allowing the consumer to feel its full effects.
Smoking flower also has a higher bioavailability than ingesting CBD oil. Bioavailability is the amount of CBD that our body absorbs from the product and sends it to our system. Our body can typically absorb about 35-40% of the CBD from smoking hemp flower, while the bioavailability from ingesting CBD oil is only about 10-20%.
With CBD oil, dosing is far easier than smoking hemp flower. You know precisely how much CBD oil there is from the directions on the bottle, making it easier to control how much CBD you take per day. You can also take these measurements and easily include CBD oil into your daily diet.
CBD oil is also highly versatile, whether you choose to ingest it directly or add it into your food and drink. While you can make edibles with CBD flower, there is a decarboxylation process you have to go through for the flower before you can ingest it directly. “Decarbing” your CBD flower is important to release the active compounds to gain its full effects since the CBD was not extracted.
In the end, both CBD flower and oil are great products that you should try at some point. Smoking CBD flower can be quicker and more effective, while CBD oil is more exact and versatile.
How Do You Smoke CBD Flower?
There are many ways you can smoke CBD flower! Here are some of our top suggestions for smoking:
- Joints – CBD pre-rolled joints are perfect for those who don’t want the hassle of rolling their own or for those who are still new to smoking CBD. Smoking joints can be a great way to enjoy CBD in small, controlled amounts.
- Pipes – Pipes are the old-fashioned way of enjoying a quick puff of flower. You can buy glass pipes or water pipes that are basically smaller versions of bongs that make it very easy to clean. Pipes are great for smoking small amounts at a time to ensure that no flower is left wasted or unused.
- Bongs – Bongs are one of the most popular ways to smoke CBD flower because the water helps take away some of the dryness you might experience when smoking. Many people prefer using bongs because the smoke is often cooler and smoother, making for a more enjoyable experience.
- Edibles – Making recipes with flower is a great way to experience the soothing and calming effects of CBD! The heat from the oven or stove is also a great way to decarb the hemp and release the active compounds so that you can gain the most CBD benefits. There are endless dishes and recipes that you can add flower to for a tasty and delicious CBD snack.
Which CBD Flower Strains Are the Best to Smoke?
When you’re looking for the best top-shelf CBD flower strains, look for a “top-shelf” or “premium” label so that you know you are smoking only the highest quality bud. At Hollyweed, we offer an incredible line of CBD hemp flowers to meet your every need.
- Northern Lights – Northern Lights is one of our most popular, top-shelf strains known for its relaxing, sedative effects. This legendary strain has been tweaked and perfected over the years, creating the ideal strain to help you unwind after a long week. With its pungent sweet and spicy aromas and natural, earthy tastes, you have to try Northern Lights at least once in your life to truly experience CBD.
- Skywalker OG – At over 20% CBD content, Skywalker OG is another of our top-selling flower strains. This Sativa-dominant, hybrid strain has distinctly unique spicy, citrusy, fruit, and pine aromas that take you out of this world. Try Skywalker OG to help you get the much-needed rest that you deserve.
- Sour Lifter – More and more people are quickly discovering Sour Lifter’s amazing stimulating and soothing effects. The diesel and fruit flavors pair surprisingly well with the citrusy, earthy aromas for an all-around calming experience. Sour Lifter is one of our favorite (and our customers too!) top-shelf hemp flowers that we offer.
Final Thoughts – Smoking CBD Flower
We highly recommend smoking CBD flower because it can be a great way to loosen up quickly and share with friends. There are tremendous benefits, such as helping curb cigarette cravings and high bioavailability, making smoking a popular method of consuming CBD. Also, we offer some of the best flower strains on the market that you are sure to enjoy!