Wedding Cake is an award-winning marijuana strain that cannabis connoisseurs can’t get enough of. Wellness-minded individuals can now enjoy the hemp flower version of this prestigious strain and the added benefit of Delta 8 THC with Wedding Cake Delta 8! This new spin on a cannabis classic is slowly becoming iconic in its own right, thanks to its high CBD and Delta 8 THC content. Not only will consumers improve their overall soundness with CBD, but they’ll also experience the balanced, euphoric effects of Delta 8 THC.
But before you head to the altar for an extra slice of this potent hybrid strain, there are some things you should know. So kick back, relax, and read this guide about the Delta 8 Wedding Cake strain of delta 8 flower before you decide to put a ring on it. We’ll also give you a few worthy alternatives in case you get cold feet.
Table of Contents
Wedding Cake Delta 8 Strain History & Lineage
Wedding Cake, also known by many cannabis connoisseurs as “Triangle Mints #23” or “Pink Cookies,” is a potent 60/40 Indica-dominant hybrid. Props should be given to its two parent strains, Triangle Kush and Animal Mints, for Wedding Cake’s highly regarded strain features.
Triangle Kush, also known to enthusiasts as “Triangle OG” and “OG Triangle,” originated in the early 1990s in Florida. The strain got its name from the Sunshine State’s cannabis-growing triangle of Miami, Tampa Bay, and Jacksonville. A potent Indica strain with a pungent earthy flavor, Triangle Kush provides consumers with bouts of creativity punctuated by deep relaxation.
On the other hand, Animal Mints is a 50/50 Indica-Sativa strain that produces a powerful clear-headed body high with a refreshing minty aroma and flavor. Like Triangle Kush, Animals Mints is perfect for evening outings and social events and a great nightcap to ease yourself into a restful sleep.
Growers at Seed Junky Genetics decided to give enthusiasts the best of both strains and crossed (or should we say married?) Triangle Kush with Animal Mints to produce Wedding Cake. Although many view the strains Cherry Pie and Girl Scout Cookies as Wedding Cake’s true parents, growers often list the strain’s physical expression of its genetics, or phenotype, as that of Triangle Mints, a strain whose parents are also Triangle Kush and Animal Mints. Recent years have seen Wedding Cake achieve a meteoric rise to prominence in cannabis culture. The strain was awarded the 2019 Leafy Strain of the Year and continues to be a hit with consumers.
Wedding Cake Delta 8 Hemp Flower
Wedding Cake Delta 8 hemp flower strain contains very low amounts of THC (0.3% or less) and high amounts of CBD. Fans enjoy Wedding Cake for the many wellness benefits that CBD gummies provides. The hemp flower strain is further accentuated by a thin coating of Delta 8 THC distillate, which gives it a euphoric kick.
What is Delta 8 THC?
Delta 8 THC (Delta 8 or D8) is a naturally occurring but extremely rare cannabinoid. Less than 1% of a hemp plant contains this elusive cannabinoid.
But reputable brands like Hollyweed can generate large amounts of D8 from its isomer CBD. To do this, hemp flower first undergoes CO2 extraction to remove CBD. This solventless extract undergoes an isomerization process that converts CBD to Delta 8 THC. By utilizing these methods, enough Delta 8 THC can be made to make an assortment of D8 products like delta 8 pre-rolls.
A defining characteristic of Wedding Cake flower is its dense tear-drop-shaped buds. Trichomes, the resin containing glands of hemp flower, saturate the nugs and give them a sugar-coated appearance. This dulls the mossy green color of the buds and the pollen-catching orange hairs or pistils. What results is a scattering of red on what many people see as a slight golden brown bud with pinkish undertones.
To get a true picture of the strain’s cannabinoid profile, always view the Certificate of Analysis (COA). These certified documents from third-party labs give you a detailed readout of the cannabinoids in a hemp flower strain and other constituents. Reputable hemp industry brands like Hollyweed provide COAs with every product to ensure customers get a potent and safe product. Know where is delta 8 available.
The main cannabinoids you’ll find in Wedding Cake Delta 8 hemp flower include:
- Delta 8 THC (> 18%)
- Delta 9 THC (0.3% or less)
- CBD (15-21%+)
Other cannabinoids present (< 1%) in Wedding Cake Delta 8 include:
Contrary to popular belief, Wedding Cake Delta 8 flower does not smell like a wedding cake. Instead, a light earthy aroma will greet your olfactory senses. Subtle floral hints with sweet citrus undertones put the finishing touches on Wedding Cake’s flat fragrance.
Terpenes are cannabis plant compounds responsible for the flavor and aroma of each strain. They may also provide consumers with several health benefits.
The dominant strain-specific terpenes of Wedding Cake Delta 8 THC are:
- Myrcene: Responsible for the earthy, peppery, and spicy flavor profile of hops, thyme, and lemongrass. It may also provide calming benefits.
- Limonene: An essential oil found in citrus fruit rinds and responsible for their fresh, biting scent. This terpene is a popular constituent of cleaning products and a common food additive. Limonene may possess antioxidant and disease-preventing properties.
- Alpha-Humulene: The terpene responsible for the earthy, arboreal, and spicy hops. It may also help fight uncontrolled cellular growth and inhibit bacterial infections.
- Beta-Caryophyllene: Responsible for the sharp spiciness of black pepper and commonly found in various herbs and spices. It’s also the only known terpene to mimic a cannabinoid and may possess antioxidant properties in addition to helping to reduce stress.
Wedding Cake Delta 8 THC does not taste anything like its namesake. Rather, the strain-specific terpenes give Wedding Cake a tangy flavor profile balanced by earthy pepper undertones. The flavor is further accentuated by the subtle presence of berries with suggestions of zesty citrus and, as some people swear by, a very subtle vanilla aftertaste. Overall, Wedding Cake Delta 8 delivers more of a sweet and sour taste.
Wedding Cake Delta 8 has high levels of CBD and D8, both of which interact with the receptors of your endocannabinoid system (ECS). You’ll find these receptors located throughout your peripheral nervous system (PNS) and central nervous system (CNS), which help to optimize several homeostatic processes important to your overall wellbeing and everyday function.
Some of the many ways CBD can benefit you include:
- Calming anxious behaviors
- Boosting appetite
- Aiding and improving mobility
- Reducing swelling and puffiness
- Promoting deeper, more restful sleep
- And much more!
Complementing CBD is Delta 8 THC, which will benefit you by:
- Providing tranquil euphoria
- Elevating mood
- Reducing bodily discomfort
- Providing full-body relaxation and calming energy
- And more!
Disclaimer: Cannabis products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, prevent, or relieve symptoms of any medical condition that you may or may not have. There is no FDA-approved research advocating the use of these products by health care practitioners. Always consult a health care professional before taking any cannabis product to determine if you are healthy enough to take it and if there might be any potential interactions with medications you may be taking.
Very rarely do consumers suffer any side effects from Wedding Cake D8. If they do, it’s normally a result of overconsumption. When taking any D8 or CBD products, always start low and slowly work your way up to the right amount for you.
Some of the temporary side effects you’ll experience from overconsumption of Wedding Cake D8 include:
- Upset Stomach
Wedding Cake Delta 8 – Suggestions For Use
There are various ways you can consume Wedding Cake Delta 8 THC flower. Some of the most popular methods include:
- Pipes, Bongs, & Bubblers: A glass pipe fits in the palm of your hand and has a bowl where you can pack your flower and smoke it. Bongs and bubblers are glass “water pipes” with a chamber filled with water that cools and filters the smoke.
- Joints, Pre Rolls, & Blunts: Place ground hemp flower into either a hemp rolling paper or blunt wrap to make joints and blunts, respectively. If you want convenience, you can purchase pre-rolls like the ones we sell here at Hollyweed.
- Dry Herb Vaporizers: There is no Delta 8 THC vape cartridge for this flower. Instead, you place your herb into a chamber where it becomes vaporized, producing vapor instead of smoke.
Similar Delta 8 Strains
Several Delta 8 hemp flower strains serve as worthy complements to the Wedding Cake strain, all of which you can find right here at our shop! Some great alternatives to Wedding Cake Delta 8 with similar strain specific terpenes and effects include:
- Zkittles (Indica-Dominant Hybrid): Experience an explosion of tropical fruit flavors with this deeply relaxing strain, perfect for evening consumption.
- Cookies (Indica-Dominant Hybrid): Allow your mind and body to relax as you savor the sweet sensations of this nutty and earthy strain.
- Northern Lights (Indica-Dominant Hybrid): Pungent with sweet undertones balanced by an earthy taste, this strain is highly sedative and will ease you into a deep, restful slumber.
- Gorilla Glue (60/40 Indica-Dominant Hybrid): Although Indica-leaning, Gorilla Glue boasts more of a stimulating effect. You’ll bathe your palate in an earthy, gaseous flavor with hints of chocolate and light pepper.