As many probably know, the delicious Blue Dream strain is not new to the cannabis industry. However, Blue Dream CBD is a fresh spin on a classic. This CBD version of the marijuana Blue Dream flower boosts all the calming, mind-centering effects while slightly lowering THC levels.
CBD is an amazing way to gain relief from various discomforts and amplify your state of well-being. Blue Dream is great to enjoy during the daytime, as you’ll feel uplifted and energetic. Let’s take a look at what makes Blue Dream CBD so dreamy!
Blue Dream (CBD): Strain Lineage
The original Blue Dream was created in the California beach town of Santa Cruz. Breeders crossed Blueberry with Haze, creating a Sativa-dominant hybrid bursting with flavor. Over time, growers have selectively bred Blue Dream to have higher CBD levels.
Blueberry is an Indica strain with a history that dates back to the 1970s. It features a mouthwatering flavor that tastes like, you guessed it, blueberries! The blueberry strain is ideal for relieving physical irritation and soothing racing thoughts.
Haze is a Sativa strain, which is why the pairing of Haze and Blueberry resulted in the hybrid that is Blue Dream. Haze a little more of an impact than Blueberry since Blue Dream is Sativa-dominant. The aroma and taste of Haze carry notes of citrus and earthy sweetness.
Blue Dream (CBD) Terpene Profile
Terpenes are what give hemp strains their smell and flavor. The three most prominent terpenes in Blue Dream are:
- Myrcene: Also found in hops, thyme, and lemongrass, myrcene has a spicy, earthy taste and odor that is balanced by notes of sweetness.
- Pinene: Named after “pine” trees, pinene carries a woody, natural aroma, and flavor. It also carries light citrus undertones.
- Caryophyllene: Like myrcene, caryophyllene can be found in hops. Caryophyllene has less sweetness than myrcene and more of a spicy kick, as it is also in pepper and cloves.
How Much CBD and THC are in Blue Dream Hemp Flower?
Blue Dream CBD typically has 10% CBD and 10% THC. These levels are part of what makes Blue Dream so unique since most strains have much higher THC than CBD or vice versa.
Many CBD strains (including all of those sold by Hollyweed) contain 0.3% THC or less. This is in accordance with the 2018 Farm Bill, which legalized hemp. Since THC can induce a “high” when ingested in large amounts, it is usually low in CBD strains to avoid intoxication. Blue Dream is an exception since it has 10% THC.
This amount means Blue Dream will likely cause you to feel high. Fortunately, the high CBD content will balance out the psychoactive effects, resulting in a mellow feeling of bliss and uplifting effects. If you’re not looking for any intoxicating effects, you can rest assured that Hollyweed only sells flower with 0.3% THC or less.
Blue Dream CBD Effects
The Sativa-dominant Blue Dream encourages alertness while simultaneously relacing the body and mind. Even though this strain is known to be powerful, Blue Dream CBD is mellow and relaxing.
Blue Dream CBD is popular in the hemp community because of its fast-acting effects. Because of these quick benefits and its high alertness, Blue Dream is a popular and strong CBD flower strain among people who don’t mind a bit of a buzz. This strain is an amazing way to lighten your mood and start your day right.
Similar CBD Strains:
If Blue Dream sounds like the strain for you, these CBD flower strains might also interest you!
- Double Dream: This is another Sativa-dominant strain created by crossing Blue Dream with Dream Star. That means you get twice the dreams for half the bud! Double Dream has a complex flavor profile that contains sweet floral notes with berries and spice. Double Dream is mentally soothing and provides clear-headed functionality. The bud is great for the daytime, alleviating feelings of nervousness and keeping you uplifted throughout the day!
- Blue Magoo: Similar to Blue Dream, Blue Magoo features floral and berry-like notes. Blue Magoo also sports pastel purple and green buds. It’s a very popular strain for consumers as it combats nervousness, swelling, and discomfort.
- Mango Haze: This CBD strain gives off tropical flavors best enjoyed on a beautiful day (or to give a dreary day that tropical vibe). The buds are sweet and spicy, with notes that resemble mangos or pineapples. The CBD to THC ratio ranges anywhere from 1:1 to 2:1.
Blue Dream CBD
This strain is very popular because of its high percentages and its fast-acting capabilities. The bud also encourages an incredible mix of natural energy and mental serenity for you to stay relaxed yet focused.
Blue Dream has a great flavor profile that manages to be earthy and spicy with a fruity berry flavor, all at the same time! Blue Dream is one of the most dynamic CBD strains, allowing all types of uses and benefits to support you throughout your day!