If any dessert is iconic, it’s chocolate. With research suggesting it’s been enjoyed for over 2000 years, chocolate-based desserts can be found in countries all across the world — in recipes, books, movies (so many of us love classics like Willy Wonka and Chocolat), and so much more. It can’t get any better than that, right? This is the best part…it can. Delta 8 chocolate brings our favorite sweet treat to a whole new level!
But what exactly is Delta 8 THC? And where is this yummy infusion sold? Stick with us to learn more about Delta 8 chocolate, so you can get to enjoying all the benefits of this D8 delicacy. Let’s jump in together!
What Is Delta 8 Chocolate?
Simply put, Delta 8 chocolate is chocolate infused with Delta 8 THC! Delta 8 is a cannabinoid naturally found in the hemp plant. It’s found in very small amounts (about 1% of each plant), so it’s common for it to be cleanly converted from CBD, which is found in much greater quantities.
Before it’s converted into Delta 8, CBD is extracted from hemp using a CO2 method. This clean extraction method doesn’t leave behind any by-products or heavy metals. After the extraction process finishes, pressure and heat are applied to the CBD. This converts it into D8 THC — we call this process isomerization. Once this conversion process finishes, the D8 is ready to be formulated into your favorite products, including D8 chocolate!
What Type of Delta 8 Chocolates Do They Make?
When it comes to Delta 8 based chocolate and candies, your choices are endless! Like standard chocolate bars, you can find D8 chocolate bars in a wide range of flavors. These varieties include:
- Dark chocolate. These are usually advertised as a healthier chocolate choice.
- Milk chocolate. Keep in mind that any “milk” chocolate bar likely contains dairy.
- White chocolate. This contains milk and vanilla extract and doesn’t contain cocoa at all!
- Filled chocolate treats. Truffles can contain D8 and other cannabinoids, too! Specialty flavors. Think of flavors like pistachio, cookies & cream, mint, and more…the possibilities are endless!
Whether you prefer a more classic flavor or like fancier chocolates, there’s a flavor out there waiting for you!
What Are the Benefits of Chocolate?
Chocolate is without a doubt one of the most delectable desserts, but did you know that it can be good for you, too? Before manufacturers turn it into bars and tasty tidbits, chocolate first grows naturally on cacao trees, inside fruit pods! These pods contain cacao beans, which are dried and roasted to make cocoa beans. Cocoa beans are used to make cocoa butter, nibs, and paste, which all have unique purposes. Cocoa nibs are usually what chocolatiers use to make chocolate.
Since chocolate comes from a plant, it has a lot of natural health benefits, too! Here are just a few of the beneficial compounds that are in chocolate:
- Tryptophan. This is an essential amino acid. Your body uses tryptophan to create proteins and other brain-signaling chemicals like serotonin and melatonin.
- Flavanols. These are antioxidants that can help improve heart and blood health.
- Theobromine. This is an alkaloid and sometimes gives chocolate a more bitter taste. It can help improve mood and is often compared to caffeine without any unpleasant side effects.
What Are the Benefits of Delta 8?
Delta 8 has a lot of great benefits as well! When you consume Delta 8 chocolate, you’ll get to experience all of the benefits that chocolate has to offer, as well as those that come from consuming D8. These benefits may include:
- Easing upset stomachs
- Maintaining proper digestion
- Uplifting mood and overall wellbeing
- Promoting better sleep
- Calming worried thoughts or nervousness
- And more!
Is Delta 8 Chocolate Legal?
Yes, Delta 8 chocolates are federally legal! As long as any D8 product comes from hemp-derived CBD and not marijuana, it’s following the Farm Bill and is federally legal. This means that all D8 products must contain 0.3% Delta 9 THC or less to be legal for sale.
Although D8 is federally legal, rules and regulations still vary by state. We highly recommend researching your state’s laws before purchasing or traveling with Delta 8 products.
How Old Do I Have To Be To Buy Delta 8 Edibles?
While Delta 8 products are federally legal, age restrictions vary by state. Since state laws are often inconsistent with each other, most Delta 8 brands require consumers to be 21 years or older to purchase D8.
Similar Delta 8 Edibles
Delta 8 chocolate bars aren’t the only delightful D8 edible on the market! Many other D8 edibles are just as sweet as chocolate, with all the same D8 benefits you know and love.
If you’re a fan of gummy sours, worms, peach rings, and other classic gummy candies, you’ll love Delta 8 gummies. D8 gummies come in many shapes and flavors, are portable, and conveniently pre-measured.
Did you know that Hollyweed carries Delta 8 Gummies? We offer both cube and fruit varieties — each pack comes with 30 delicious, sugar-coated bites!
We all know and love this classic edible, and now you can get it infused with Delta 8! Cookie edibles are easy to share and come in lots of great flavors like chocolate chip, sugar cookie, and more.
For those looking for a more rich Delta 8 experience, there are Delta 8 brownies. Like more traditional brownies, these are richer and great for those looking for a small bite to satisfy their chocolate-loving sweet tooth.
Like the chewy marshmallow bars we enjoyed so much in our childhood, D8-infused cereal bars are great for those looking for a more mild sweet snack! Pair a bite with a weekend breakfast, or pack in your to-go bag to easily enjoy this nostalgic treat on any weekend getaway.
What’s the Difference Between Delta 8 Chocolate and Other Edibles?
Delta 8 edibles all look like sweet treats from the outside — so what’s the difference between them all? D8 chocolate (especially dark chocolate) is special because it’s much more beneficial for your body than other edibles are.
Many brands use artificial flavors or colors in their hemp edible products, while chocolate usually contains more beneficial ingredients (like the tryptophan and flavanols we talked about earlier!). Chocolate edibles — especially those that use dark chocolate — usually contain more beneficial ingredients than other unnaturally sugary treats do.
What To Look For When Searching for Delta 8 Chocolate
When searching for Delta 8 chocolate, you want to ensure your products have great ingredients. As we briefly mentioned above, some D8 edibles contain unhealthy ingredients like artificial flavors, preservatives, GMOs, and more. By looking out for the following labels, you can ensure that you’re purchasing a high-quality D8 edible product:
- “Vegan” or “suitable for vegans.” These products don’t contain any animal by-products.
- “GMO-free.” This means that any ingredients included are not genetically modified.
- “Natural.” While it can be hard to determine if something is completely natural, it is possible to avoid buying products that have added flavorings or colorants.
Hot Tip: A good rule of thumb for checking ingredients is whether you’re able to pronounce ingredients on product labels. Ingredients that are hard to say are usually the ones that aren’t as natural or good for you.
Can I Make My Own Delta 8 Chocolate?
Yes, you can make your own Delta 8 THC chocolate! All you need to get started is your favorite kind of chocolate and Delta 8 oil.
How To Make Delta 8 Chocolate
Here’s a simple recipe for making your own D8 chocolate at home!
What You’ll Need:
- Double boiler, or a small pot and larger glass bowl
- A rubber or silicone spatula
- Water (just the right amount for boiling)
- A chocolate mold
- Your favorite plain chocolate bars
- Hollyweed’s Delta 8 Oil
- Any toppings you want to add
- Begin boiling your water in your pot or double boiler.
- If you’re using a pot, place your glass bowl on top of the pot. Once your water boils, the steam will rise and gently heat the glass bowl.
- Break apart your favorite chocolate into the bowl.
- Stir gently and steadily once your chocolate starts to melt. It’s important that you stay near the bowl, as chocolate can burn very easily.
- Once your chocolate is almost all melted, add in your preferred amount of Delta 8 oil, and stir until fully combined.
- After your chocolate is fully melted, you’re finished! Now you can pour the melted chocolate into your mold.
- Last but not least, add any toppings! We recommend adding dried fruit, baby marshmallows, or sweetened cereal pieces.
- Wait for your chocolate to set, and enjoy!
Hot Tip: Do you already love to cook with Delta 8 or other cannabinoids like CBD? It might be worth your time to look into purchasing an infusion machine. These can save you from spending all your time in the kitchen — think of them as the hemp lovers equivalent to an air fryer or pressure cooker!
Where To Get Delta 8 Oil?
While you can find Delta 8 oil in specialty stores, you’ll probably have a much easier time shopping for it online. More often than not, specialty stores don’t carry a wide range of products and may even be sold out of what you’re looking for before you even get to the shop. By shopping online, you can save money, gas, and time and find a product that’s much more guaranteed to be of high quality.
When you shop online, you’ll also be able to do more thorough research about what you’re buying and will be able to:
- Better compare price points between brands and products to get the most bang for your buck
- Review Certificates of Analysis (COAs) that test for product quality and potency
- Save time by having your D8 oil delivered right to your door
Lucky for you, you’re already at the right place! At Hollyweed, we carry a full spectrum Delta 8 Oil that’s natural and non-GMO. Our oil is also Farm Bill compliant and doesn’t contain any preservatives.
Why Choose Hollyweed For Delta 8 Products
Here at Hollyweed, we’re proud to be leaders in the hemp industry and to specialize in Delta 8 THC! We only use the most premium, American-grown hemp in all of our products because you deserve to enjoy the best of the best.
Not only that, but we also do our very best to use the most high-quality ingredients we can find — that’s why all of our products are GMO-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and suitable for vegans. We want to be totally transparent with you, too, and that’s why we post all of our COAs on our site so that you can learn more about the potency and quality of our products for yourself.
We also offer superb customer service! Our team can answer any of your questions and help you with all your needs because we know you already worry about enough. And with our free, fast shipping options? You can’t beat shopping with Hollyweed!
Final Thoughts — Delta 8 Chocolate
Whether you purchase it at a store, shop for it online, or make your own tasty infusion at home, we think Delta 8 chocolate is a great way to enjoy one of the best cannabinoids out there. Next time you want to consume D8, consider trying it in a delicious morsel of chocolate — we know you won’t be disappointed!
Want to read more about Delta 8 THC? Check out Hollyweed’s Blog to learn more with us.