Whether at the local park, a shopping mall, or a house party, we’ve all smelled the pleasing aromatic vapors permeating from someone’s vape pen. With vaping more popular than ever, there’s no better time to jump in on the vaping phenomenon. But first, you need to learn how to use a vape pen!
By understanding how to properly work a vape pen, you’ll be able to indulge in the many delectable vaping cartridges available for use! Come with us as we take a deep dive into the world of vapes and find out what they are, what they can do, and which one is right for you!
Table of Contents
What Are Vape Pens?
Vape pens are battery-powered, portable vaporizers that heat a substance — typically a liquid, oil, wax, or dry herb, producing an aromatic vapor. No smoke is produced when using vape pens. Powered by a rechargeable battery, vape pens come in a wide variety of sizes and flavors.
What Are the Benefits of Using Vape Pens?
There are several benefits of using vape pens. Even though vaping is now widespread, stigma still remains regarding vape pen implementation. It’s time we get rid of that stigma and talk about the many benefits vape pens have to offer.
A Cleaner Alternative to Smoking
Vape pens are the solution for cigarette smokers trying to kick the habit and opt for a cleaner and more socially acceptable alternative! Vaping does not produce smoke but might aid in satisfying a smoker’s urges and help to ween them off their deadly habit.
Convenience And Portability
Vape pens are extremely easy! Although they might come in different sizes, the typical vape pen is lightweight, compact, and portable. Their simplicity, coupled with their portability, makes vape pens an ideal accessory you can bring along anywhere. There is no need to ask for a light, nor is there a need to carry extra accessories like a lighter. The convenience of vaping is so discreet that no one will notice it until they smell the delightful aromas permeating from your pen.
Prefilled vape cartridges typically come in 200mg, 400mg, 500mg, and 1,000 mg sizes. Larger sizes are out there, though not as common. With these prefilled cartridges, you don’t have to worry about trying more than you can handle. There is also less of a temptation to enjoy more of it when finished with the cartridge.
No Rancid Odors
Unlike cigarettes, vape products do not produce smoke or unpleasant odors. For cigarette smokers, the odor is something that follows them wherever they go and permeates every nook and cranny of their house. That’s not an issue with vaping, as the aromas are subtle and pleasant and don’t carry as far or as long.
Flavors For Every Palate
From bubblegum to caramel macchiato, vape cartridges come in just about every flavor. Unlike the stale repetitiveness of inhaling the same flavor day after day, vaping offers a way to change up their tastes. With the popularity of vaping skyrocketing, new and more delectable flavors are coming out every day. No matter your palate, you’ll find a flavor to satisfy it!
If you are a light inhaler that takes about 30 puffs a day from your vape, then the average 500 mg vape cartridge may last a week or so. Larger 1,000 mg cartridges may last much longer.
The more you puff, the more you’ll drain your cartridge. But for occasional vape pen enjoyment, the longevity of the cartridge may last for several days to weeks and save you money in the long run.
What Types of Vape Pens Are Available?
With vaping increasing in popularity, so too are the ways you can vape. Several different types of pens are available to meet everybody’s vaping needs. These pens differ in their construction, convenience, and types of vaping products.
Rechargeable Vape Pen
Standard vapes on the market are rechargeable vape pens. These pens may easily charge with a micro USB charger when they run out of power. Vape cartridges on these pens are also interchangeable.
Disposable Vape Pen
This all-in-one vape pen comes with a prefilled cartridge and a fully charged internal battery. As their name suggests, throw your disposable vape away once it’s drained.
Push-Button Vape Pen
This is the most common type of vape. The push-button turns the pen on and off. Similarly, most vapes require you to hold the push-button while inhaling from the pen. In addition to inhaling, the push-button may provide other specific functions like changing the heat settings of the heating coil.
Draw-Activated Vape Pen
These types of pens do not have a power button. Instead, draw-activated vapes activated when the consumer places their lips on the mouthpiece and inhales without using a button.
Dry Herb Vape Pen
Dry herb vapes are specially designed to heat flower. Your usual vape won’t be able to heat dry herb properly. These vapes heat dry herbs (like Hollyweed’s Delta 8 CBD hemp flower!) just enough for their active ingredients to evaporate into a smooth vapor. Dry herb vape pens produce vapor and avoid the negative side effects of combustion like headaches, queasiness and fatigue. Ingesting large amounts of combusted vapors may be toxic, though.
Wax Vape Pen
These vape pens have a chamber that is made to vaporize oily waxes. With the aid of a dab tool, the wax is loaded in the chamber, and the pen is enjoyed the same way as any other vape pen.
The Various Parts of a Vape Pen
You will find that most vapes have similar construction regardless of the type of pen you try. By understanding the basic components of the average vape, you will better understand how to enjoy your pen.
- Battery: The main power source of every pen is the internal battery. The battery is usually a lithium-ion rechargeable battery. This internal battery is charged through a small port on the bottom using a micro-USB cord, which usually comes with the device. Vape battery life depends on the frequency you consume and the model of the vape.
- Vape tank: The vape tank is where vaping oils and e-liquids are stored. The tank is either a prefilled cartridge or one that can be refilled. This tank is usually transparent to allow the you to see the amount of liquid available.
- Atomizer: This is the heating chamber. It has a small heating coil that draws liquid from the vape tank and vaporizes it. The liquid is atomized upon every puff. Depending on the vape model, the heat setting can be adjusted to your liking
- Buttons: Most vapes have a single push button to activate the atomizer and get the vape ready. The power button is usually pushed five times to activate the vape. An indicator light will light up or flash to show the vape is ready. Some models, such as draw-activated vapes, will not have any buttons.
- Mouthpiece: The mouthpiece is where you draw the vapor from. The mouthpiece size determines the amount of draw and intensity of the flavor profile you will experience.
Which Type of Vape Pen Is Best for You?
Now that you know how to use a vape pen, it’s time for you to try one! Although extremely convenient, vaping can be a hassle for some.
Some things to consider when buying a vape pen include:
- Frequency you consume
- Available features
- Buying from reputable brands (i.e., Hollyweed)
By considering these merits, you can choose the right vape for your needs. Lucky for you! There are several options to choose from.
Disposable vapes are those you enjoy for a while and then ditch once its out of juice. This all-in-one pen comes preloaded with a prefilled cartridge and a pre charged battery. Once finished consuming the product, the entire pen can be tossed into the trash. Vapes of this type are more affordable than typical non-disposable ones.
Refillable Vape Pens
Refillable vapes come with a refillable vape tank. Unlike disposable cartridges, the tank may be refilled multiple times. With proper care and cleaning you can ensure quality and prevent any unwanted build-up of oils and liquids.
Replaceable Prefilled Cartridge Vape Pens
This is the most common type of vape. This pen allows the consumer to easily swap out prefilled cartridges by simply screwing them off. Most prefilled cartridges on the market are fitted with a 510-threaded coupler that easily attaches to the average vape’s battery.
How Do You Use a Vape Pen?
Vapes are fairly easy devices to navigate. However, if you are a first-time consumer or have recently purchased a new vape, it’s best to consult your device’s manual for proper instructions on how to accurately use your vape pen.
Typical Operation of a Vape Pen
Most vapes are either push-activated pens that have a single power button. The typical operation of a pen requires pressing the power button five times to turn it on.
Press and hold the fire button when inhaling from the mouthpiece. When satisfied with the amount of pull, release the button, pull your mouth away from the mouthpiece, and exhale the vapor. Repeat until you are fulfilled.
To turn off your pen, press the power button five times. By understanding the basic steps of how to use a vape pen, you can help prevent improper handling and damage to your pen.
Why Won’t My Vape Pen Work?
There can be several reasons why your vape is not working correctly. It’s always best to prime your pen before its first puff to ensure it works correctly. This test run of your pen is performed by puffing without any liquid or vaping juice.
If your pen still doesn’t work or stops working, then it might be due to one of the more common problems outlined below.
- The vape pen is not on: Make sure the vape pen works by turning it on. Press the power button the appropriate number of times to activate it. Consult your vape’s manual if you forgot how to turn it on or are unsure about how many times to press the power button.
- The cartridge is incompatible: There is no standard for vape cartridges. However, a large number of vapes utilize a 510-threaded vape cartridge. Make sure that your cartridge is compatible and the fit of your cartridge is correct before trying your pen.
- Depleted cartridge: Check to see if your cartridge is out of vape juice. You might have been drawing from a depleted cartridge and didn’t even know it.
- Your vape pen battery needs charging: If your pen is not working, then your rechargeable vape might need a charge. Make sure you use a reliable USB charger to recharge your pen’s battery to full charge.
- You have a defective product: You just might have a defective vape pen or cartridge. Sometimes a defective atomizer, button, or battery might be the reason why your vape doesn’t work. There can be a defect with the prefilled oil cartridges as well.
Which Products Work Best with A Vape Pen?
So now that you have a vape pen that satisfies your needs, you need fresh cartridges to vape! Don’t worry; we got you covered! Hollyweed has amazing Delta 8 CBD oil cartridges that give you the best vaping experience ever!
You should always trust your palate when it comes to choosing a prefilled oil cartridge that’s best for you. Choose from our selection of top-selling vape cartridges available in up to 900 mg quantities doses for an amazing vaping experience punctuated by robust flavor.
- Jack Herer: Fruity blend of peppery notes.
- Gorilla Glue: Spicy, earthy taste with hints of chocolate and coffee.
- Pineapple Express: Bright citrus notes with hints of pineapple throughout.
- Sour Diesel: Tangy and sweet, balanced by an earthy profile.
- Sunset Sherbert: A savory orange-pineapple flavor.
All of our oil cartridges are prefilled with full-spectrum Delta 8 THC oil. There are no additives or preservatives, and we use 100% all-natural ingredients. These Delta 8 THC oil cartridges come lab-tested by a third party and are certified organic and non-GMO. Best of all, our prefilled oil cartridges are naturally flavored!
Final Thoughts – How to Use a Vape Pen
Vapes are just as diverse as the people who enjoy them. By understanding the basics of how to use a vape pen, you can join in on the vaping fun! There are several different types of pens available in the market. Depending on how often you plan to consume your pen, you can determine which pen is right for you.
By understanding the many benefits of using vape pens, you can take advantage of the numerous flavor profiles available. Vaping will only increase in popularity. With companies like Hollyweed leading the way by offering an array of diverse vaping products, everyone will find something that meets their vaping needs.