If you’re here, you’re probably curious about CBD. I don’t blame you — CBD is big nowadays. And one of the most popular ways to consume it is through a vape. You might be asking yourself, “How does CBD vape make you feel?”
The short answer? Soothed, relaxed, and focused. To understand why CBD vape makes us feel this way, let’s take a peek under the hood. This article will take you through all the basics of CBD, vaping, and what this wonderful cannabinoid does for our bodies!
Table of Contents
What is CBD Vape?
CBD vape is pretty straightforward; it’s when you use a vape pen (also known as a vaporizer or e-cigarette) to inhale evaporated cannabidiol (CBD) vape juice. The CBD vape juice is contained in a cartridge, which attaches to your vape pen.
Vaping may look like smoking, but you aren’t inhaling smoke at all. Many prefer the smooth vapors of e-juice over traditional smoke, as it tends to be easier on the lungs.
Get to know your vape pen before purchasing a cartridge. Some vapes have a tank that you can fill with juice, while others accept pre-filled cartridges you screw on. All you have to do is press a button or simply inhale, depending on the device. It’s that easy!
What Is In CBD Vape Juice?
CBD vape juice is cannabidiol suspended in vape juice. This is different from typical CBD oils and tinctures that you can take orally or sublingually because CBD vape juice includes other ingredients that allow it to be easily vaporized.
Here are some common ingredients found in CBD e-liquid:
- Vegetable Glycerin (VG): A natural sweetener that adds thickness to the CBD e-liquid and acts as a preservative for the other ingredients.
- Propylene Glycol (PG): A colorless and odorless alcohol that helps release the vape flavor when it’s evaporated.
- Flavoring: Any added flavor, such as fruit, vanilla, or spearmint. The best vapes use natural terpenes for flavoring.
- Water: Water helps carry the flavors in the vapor.
- Full spectrum CBD: Full-spectrum CBD includes all the terpenes and cannabinoids associated with hemp. This includes a small amount of THC (0.3% or less), but don’t worry because this small amount is not enough to get you “high.”
- Broad spectrum CBD: Broad-spectrum CBD is pretty much the same as full-spectrum CBD but with one big difference: zero THC.
All of the ingredients above will get the job done, but more is less when it comes to vaping. The fact of the matter is that you don’t need a vape cart stuffed with a bunch of ingredients. All you need is broad spectrum hemp extract and terpenes. This gives you plenty of CBD, no THC, and mouthwatering flavors!
Difference Between Vaping and Smoking
Vaping and smoking are very different. The main difference is that vaping does not use combustion (burning). Instead, the battery-powered vaporizer uses a coil to heat up the vape juice. When you inhale, the juice is vaporized. When you vape, you get a clean, flavorful draw and nothing else.
Vaping is considered healthier than smoking because vape juice doesn’t have the harmful additives that cigarettes have (formaldehyde, lead, arsenic, etc.). Also, vape smoke is smoother and tastier than cigarette smoke, with flavors like Bubblegum and Blackberry.
Another significant difference is that you can take a single hit off your vape and toss it in your pocket or bag. With a cigarette or pre-roll, you would have to light it, smoke it, snuff it out, then store it. And even then, a partially burnt cigarette or pre-roll is likely to make a mess, tear, and cause your pocket or bag to smell like smoke.
What Are the Benefits of CBD Vape?
There are many benefits to vaping CBD, including:
- Vapes do not have the harmful additives that cigarettes do.
- Vapor is smooth and flavorful.
- There is no combustion or burning involved, which can harm the lungs.
- Cartridges come in many different varieties of flavors and CBD dosages.
- Vapes are portable and easy to take on the go.
- An excellent alternative to cigarettes.
Benefits of CBD
On top of all that, cannabidiol vapes give you all the amazing benefits of CBD. CBD is short for cannabidiol and is one of the many naturally occurring compounds found in hemp.
CBD has been touted for its many wellness benefits, some of which include:
- Promotes calm and relaxation
- Reduces nervousness
- Soothes various discomforts in the body
- Eases muscle tension
- Boosts mood
- Helps stomach problems
- Improves focus
CBD also helps support your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) by interacting with the cannabinoid receptors in your body. This, in turn, helps you reach homeostasis (inner balance). The main function of the ECS is to regulate important functions in your body, such as your nervous system, mood, sleep cycle, brain, and immune system.
You should be aware that CBD has a few known side effects. Generally, it is very well-tolerated by most people, and any side effects are typically minor.
Some potential side effects are:
- Dry mouth
- Slight fatigue or drowsiness
- Mild diarrhea or nausea
How Does CBD Vape Make You Feel?
We’ve talked a lot about what CBD vape is, but how does it make you feel? When you first inhale evaporated cannabidiol vape juice, you’ll feel the smooth and tasty vapors fill your mouth and lungs.
The vapor has more volume than traditional smoke, which is many people refer to them as “vape clouds.” This allows you to really feel the full body and flavor of the vape smoke. As you exhale, it’s almost as if some stress is leaving your body along with the vapor.
These vapes work very quickly because the CBD enters your bloodstream through your lungs. So in about 30 to 90 seconds, a sense of soothing and relaxation will overtake your body.
The problems of the day that clouded your mind before won’t seem as pressing, and your mood may even feel uplifted. If you were nervous before vaping, don’t be surprised if those racing thoughts and jittery feelings melt away like snow on a spring day.
Some have compared the feeling to a “runner’s high,” the mood boost and relaxation someone feels when endorphins are released after a long run. It’s the refreshing feeling people get when they exercise that keeps them going back for more.
Can CBD Vape Get You High?
No responsibly-made CBD product will get you high. CBD vape is derived from hemp. According to the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp must contain 0.3% THC or less. Such a small amount of THC should not get you high or intoxicated.
Not only that, recent studies have shown that CBD does not pose any risk of addiction or abuse (like marijuana typically does). So, with CBD vape, there are no mind-altering effects and no chance of abuse — a win-win if you ask me!
What Are Good CBD Vape Alternatives?
If you’re not quite ready to dive into vapes yet but still want to try CBD, there are plenty of options out there!
Here are some popular CBD vape alternatives that we have here at Hollyweed:
- CBD flower: CBD flower is simply hemp flower (also called “buds”). These come in a large variety of strains, so you’re bound to find one you like. Use some rolling papers, fill a pipe, or pack a bong bowl — there are many ways to consume flower!
- CBD pre-rolls: If you prefer traditional smoking to vaping, CBD pre-rolls are for you. These are perfectly rolled and packed with high-quality, USA-grown hemp. We got all the hard stuff out of the way, so all you need to do is light it up and enjoy.
- CBD oil: CBD oil is an easy and versatile way to consume CBD. Drip some under your tongue for a quick dose of CBD, or add a few drops to your favorite food or drink.
Why Choose Hollyweed?
Hollyweed started with a sign. Soon afterward, what started as a stunt turned into a symbol. In 2017, multimedia artist and plant advocate Zach Fernandez changed the iconic Hollywood sign to read Hollyweed. It became a representation of Southern California cannabis culture – of chill vibes and the freedom to smoke.
From this movement emerged Hollyweed CBD, a partnership with Zach to bring LA culture to the CBD world. From flowers to tinctures, we make everything from high-quality, all-natural, USA-grown hemp.
But more than that, we design our products to capture the essence of SoCal. Just light up a pre-roll, pop a gummy in your mouth, kick up your feet, and you’ll see that the sun will be a bit brighter, your mind will clear, and you might even hear waves crashing in the distance.
Final Thoughts – How Does CBD Vape Make You Feel?
CBD vapes are one of the most popular ways to consume CBD, and for good reason! It’s easy, clean, and the feeling of vaping is like none other. If you’re curious about CBD and enjoy the practice of smoking, vaping might be the perfect way for you to take your first step into the chill and tranquil world of cannabidiol.